KODI is crushing on my RC1 android x86 laptop.any help?
טום ג
2018-08-14 18:32:45 UTC
Hi guys so I have a 2 GB RAM DELL computer and I installed the android X86
rc1 version. KODI is crushing everytime i open it ( I downloaded from
google store)
I tried another few KODI APK's but ther are all crushing or on startup or
when i try to click the "addons" button .
Any idea of a working KODI version or what the problem is ?

Thanks!!
Kossuth
2018-08-15 05:00:18 UTC
Try searching the specific x86 build of the kodi (it is couple of builds
older than the newest for arm) and download that. Uninstall the Google Play
version first and after that try to install the .apk you downloaded. It
should work, just down upgrade it, even if the Google play offers you newer
version.
Kossuth
2018-08-15 08:37:14 UTC
Slight typo, I meant don't upgrade it, even if Google play offers update.

And here's the link for the x86 apk

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/x86/kodi-17.3-Krypton-x86.apk
Tom G
Harkaman
2018-08-15 15:00:12 UTC
Did you enable native bridge mechanism. (Settings -> Android-x86 options) ?

I use and tried both Android-x86 Nougat-x86 and oreo-x86 with Kodi v18
"Leia" Alpha 3. it works no issue at all for me. the other versions are not
working/ frezing.

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/snapshots/android/arm/kodi-18.0-Leia_alpha3-armeabi-v7a.apk
Harkaman