Install problem on VirtualBox
GaryB
2018-10-31 17:34:42 UTC
Hi All,

I'm trying to install Android on OSX 10.10 using VirtualBox 5.1.38. I've
tried both 8.1rc2 and 7.1rc2. Both create a live session, but I can't get a
permanent disk install. It does install to disk, but it gets overwritten on
each launch. For instance, if I wait for the install screen's timeout to
finish, it detects Android-x86 at /dev/sr0 and opens it, but it is the
unconfigured one, not the one I had previously set up. Same thing happens
if I enter via debug mode.

Is there a way to get a permanent install?

thanks
GB
GaryB
2018-11-01 04:10:31 UTC
Yes, I stumbled across the need to remove the .iso from the drive (before
rebooting) after a lot of thrashing around with dead-ends. Thanks a lot for
helping me out, I could easily still be stuck.
Post by GaryB
Is there a way to get a permanent install?
First of all, if Android-x86 is the only OS you want
to install to this VM, please use the "Auto Installation"
in the Advanced options of the boot menu.
It avoids some unnecessary errors that newbie may encounter.
After installation, did you change VM to boot from harddisk?
Seems it still boots from cdrom (that's why you see /dev/sr0)
You need to change the boot order, or just disable cdrom.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project