Android-7.1-r2 won't boot with grub.
r***@gmail.com
2018-11-12 21:27:34 UTC
I can successfully run android-7.1-r2 from USB, but android-7.1-r2 won't boot with grub. The last line I see mentions "emergency remount."

I'm using the following in grub.cfg:

menuentry android_sda3 {
set root=(hd0,3)
linux /android-7.1-r2/kernel root=/dev/ram0
initrd /android-7.1-r2/initrd.img
}
I've successfully booted android-4.4-r5 on another box using the same entries as above but for 4.4.
I'm using legacy grub (not UEFI), but also used legacy on my old box. I can mount and view my Android partition. What should my grub entries be?
2018-11-25 12:24:16 UTC
Thank you, that worked. Perhaps reporting the result will help another
user.

Add androidboot.selinux=permissive to cmdline.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project