Discussion:
Android-x86 4.4-RC2 released
(too old to reply)
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-05-20 15:45:59 UTC
Permalink
The 4.4-RC2 is released.

http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2

I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
Vaidotas
2014-05-20 17:14:45 UTC
Permalink
Any luck with Asus T100 support?
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Sai Zhou
2014-05-21 02:30:53 UTC
Permalink
Great work! I wonder when can you implement GPT support. Also internal microphone is not working.

Thanks
riko andi
2014-05-21 03:45:34 UTC
Permalink
Tested on Lenovo ideapad z400 touch
- touchscreen not work
- Wifi working
- Open GL detected
- all google service is stopped
- getting error messege on every pre isntall apk, they all just stopped
when i try to open it.

only working app is setting and terminal emulator, any sugestion what
should i do?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
mike r
2014-05-21 04:39:56 UTC
Permalink
Don't know if this is your mic problem but might wanna check it out.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/android-x86/e79dAuB2ra4

Mike
Sai Zhou
2014-05-21 04:59:52 UTC
Permalink
thanks for reply. Unfortunately that link is for output volume too small problem, not microphone.
mike r
2014-05-21 13:43:45 UTC
Permalink
alsa_amixer -c $c set 'Internal Mic Boost' 2 # Changed From 'Mic Boost' To 'Internal Mic Boost'
mike r
2014-05-21 13:50:55 UTC
Permalink
You can test by hitting CTRL-ALT-F1 go to SU, type alsa_amixer scontrols, this will give you a list of controls, you should have MIC Levelsa in there, Play with them, then ALT-CTRL-F7 and go to a sound recorder and test, when you find your setting go into INIT.SH change\add and save... If it's not that I don't know... Hope it helps.

MIKE
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
mike r
2014-05-21 14:14:42 UTC
Permalink
You can test by hitting ALT-F1 go to SU, type alsa_amixer scontrols, this will give you a list of controls, you should have MIC Levels in there, Play with them, then ALT-F7 and go to a sound recorder and test, when you find your setting go into INIT.SH change\add and save... If it's not that I don't know... Hope it helps.
MIKE
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
mike r
2014-05-21 14:56:37 UTC
Permalink
Ok I did a little testing with the NETCFG Command, When I turn Wi-Fi Off In Windows (FN-F2) is the switch, it works through DELLQUCIKSET, And Reboot in X86, the NETCFG WLAN0 UP, Fails with the error 132, Then If I Turn the Wi-Fi On in windows, the NETCFG WLAN0 UP and DOWN both work perfectly....If anyone have any ideas???

Mike
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Markus K
2014-05-21 12:41:37 UTC
Permalink
Everything expect suspend / resume works good. When the display turns off and I press the power button the screen comes up again, but only with a blinking white cursor on black ground.

System specs: MSI Windpad 110W-232G, AMD Brazos Z01, crutial m4 120GB SSD, 8GB of RAM

Great project by the way!
Manuel
2014-05-21 13:03:29 UTC
Permalink
AWESOME
im so Happy that you added the Support for the 8723 wificard.

THANKS a lot!
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Manuel
2014-05-21 14:08:42 UTC
Permalink
The realtek wificard 8723 ist recognized correct, but it wont turn on.
I activated the card via netcfg wlan0 up that event that wont work .....
s***@public.gmane.org
2014-05-21 15:35:52 UTC
Permalink
thank u for your work
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-05-21 15:42:00 UTC
Permalink
Live runs but not install, (SONY VAIO NS10J) the disk install gets to &
finishes Installing but after the dialogue to run it or reboot is executed
nothing happens.
Reboot = just boot splash logo
Run Android-x86 = ANDROID _ [PROMPT] (half blue/black screen with no
keyboard input)
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-05-21 15:44:38 UTC
Permalink
Live runs (VESA mode) but not install, (SONY VAIO NS10J) the disk install
gets to & finishes Installing but after the dialogue to run it or reboot is
executed nothing happens.
Reboot = just boot splash logo
Run Android-x86 = ANDROID _ [PROMPT] (half blue/black screen with no
keyboard input)
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
mike r
2014-05-21 17:46:09 UTC
Permalink
Ok Just updated to RC2, The ALSA Sound Issue was still there so I just copied the copy of INIT.SH that i had from RC1 over to RC2, And Wi-Fi Still Wont turn on unless I activate it in Ubuntu or Windows first and reboot, Had to update a couple apps, But other then That seems to be running good, and faster, real smooth, On a Plus Side I had A Game "AVABEL" that was FC on RC1 and is now working in RC2!

Great Job!

Mike
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-05-21 18:27:56 UTC
Permalink
Had to insert 'quiet nomodeset VGA=788' to boot line on my SONY NS10J
otherwise the boot wouldn't complete with just ext2 error.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
monstercameron
2014-05-21 19:13:59 UTC
Permalink
*thanks as usual *Chih-Wei Huang! any word on gcn gpu enablement? still
getting corrupt graphics on amd kabini and kaveri apus.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Richard Savijn
2014-05-21 19:15:56 UTC
Permalink
Hi Chih-Wei,

Great work... It runs very smooth when I ran it from the live .iso.
Also it loads and detects correctly all Hyper-V (HV_ ) modules from .iso.

Installing to harddisk still is giving me: Can't detect harddisk.
Same issue modprobe hv_vmbus & hv_storvsc finds the harddisk and after
installing and rebooting it can't detect my
android...........................................

Also adding: insmod hv_vmbus & hv_storvsc to the init doesn't resolves the
booting issue from harddisk.......

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Richard
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Mr le V
2014-05-22 00:32:18 UTC
Permalink
Great achievement

I downloaded the sources and built this version (I did not use the prebuilt .iso). No issue with block_imgsize (as expected)

The hybrid .iso file worked as expected, I could install 4.4 RC2 on a previously formatted ext4 partition on some USB HDD I had (40GB).
I used GRUB2 as the bootloader, works OK.

It seems that the "sdcard" partition is not available as a FAT32 partition on the USB storage (which I like in order to be able to transfer files simply this way), I may change that tomorrow (I did it with the previous version).

I wanted a "pure x86 experience", so I disabled libhoudini (renaming the files, including enable_houdini) and made changes to the build.prop files in order to be "x86" only. There maybe a cleaner way to do it but it worked.

I installed gapps "manually". I could then download a bunch of apps (x86 only, that was my goal), including Facebook (which x86 version is still the old one, compared to the ARM version). I could make sure and verify that most of the "essentials" apps work: email apps (K9 mail in my case), hangout, Facebook, Google+, KingSoft office, avast antivirus, YouTube (with a not-so-good video rendering), maps etc. Games are not my primary concerns, but I tried Angry Birds, Angry Birds Space. Candy Crush Saga is not available as an x86 app (yet).

I'll make further test tomorrow (so far I just tested on an HP elite 8000 SFF, all Intel based).
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-05-22 01:57:14 UTC
Permalink
Post by Mr le V
Great achievement
I downloaded the sources and built this version (I did not use the prebuilt .iso). No issue with block_imgsize (as expected)
The hybrid .iso file worked as expected, I could install 4.4 RC2 on a previously formatted ext4 partition on some USB HDD I had (40GB).
I used GRUB2 as the bootloader, works OK.
It seems that the "sdcard" partition is not available as a FAT32 partition on the USB storage (which I like in order to be able to transfer files simply this way), I may change that tomorrow (I did it with the previous version).
Not sure what you meant.
Sdcard/usb should be mounted to /storage/usbX.
Post by Mr le V
I wanted a "pure x86 experience", so I disabled libhoudini (renaming the files, including enable_houdini) and made changes to the build.prop files in order to be "x86" only. There maybe a cleaner way to do it but it worked.
Just remove (rename) vendor/intel/houdini/houdini.mk.
Vivi
2014-05-22 11:17:50 UTC
Permalink
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
Post by Mr le V
Great achievement
I downloaded the sources and built this version (I did not use the prebuilt .iso). No issue with block_imgsize (as expected)
The hybrid .iso file worked as expected, I could install 4.4 RC2 on a previously formatted ext4 partition on some USB HDD I had (40GB).
I used GRUB2 as the bootloader, works OK.
It seems that the "sdcard" partition is not available as a FAT32 partition on the USB storage (which I like in order to be able to transfer files simply this way), I may change that tomorrow (I did it with the previous version).
Not sure what you meant.
Sdcard/usb should be mounted to /storage/usbX.
USB devices seems to be mounted OK (even the USB disk that is actually
the system disk is mounted in /storage/usbX and also mounted elsewhere.
I may have to disable that too. Several mount points for the same device
is not something I like to have and can lead to various issues).
What I want is a separate "SDCARD" FAT32 partition on the USB device
that would get mounted as /sdcard (actually /mnt/emulated/shell). I'll
modify some init script to do so, and, if I have the time, I'll propose
a modification to the init script that would scan available partitions
on the system HDD and if a partition is FAT32 AND labelled AX86_SDCARD
(or whatever is OK) it would use it as its /sdcard...

BTW, I was never able (with 4.4 RC1 or 4.4 RC2) to create a directory in
/mnt, it is a "read-only file system" and I can't remount it "rw". Is
there a trick to solve that?
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
Post by Mr le V
I wanted a "pure x86 experience", so I disabled libhoudini (renaming the files, including enable_houdini) and made changes to the build.prop files in order to be "x86" only. There maybe a cleaner way to do it but it worked.
Just remove (rename) vendor/intel/houdini/houdini.mk.
Thanks !
I'll do it for my next build.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-05-23 01:37:02 UTC
Permalink
Post by Vivi
BTW, I was never able (with 4.4 RC1 or 4.4 RC2) to create a directory in
/mnt, it is a "read-only file system" and I can't remount it "rw". Is there
a trick to solve that?
mount -o remount,rw /
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
Tom Koeppel
2014-05-22 04:26:12 UTC
Permalink
tabletsx86
2014-05-22 06:29:24 UTC
Permalink
isn't that broadcom legacy wifi????

if it is it isn't supported...they disabled that in nov-dec time frame,
don't know why but we have continued providing it by re-enabling it in
defconfig in our builds

best way to check is try it...if it doesn't seem to work see if you can
modprobe the b43 driver....it all still works fine on ubuntu...
anyone know if this supports wifi on the Dell mini 10v?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-05-22 10:43:14 UTC
Permalink
Had to insert 'quiet nomodeset UVESA=1280x800' to boot line on my SONY
NS10J otherwise the boot wouldn't complete with just ext2 error.

Google maps is a no no! otherwise all good & welcome improvements over 4.3
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Francesco Diaz
2014-05-22 11:26:06 UTC
Permalink
It works, but on my machine, an apu a8 5600 k, I receive graphics
corruption after 4 o 5 minutes of usage, and finally, the system frozen...
:/, please , amd need more consideration :(
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Somebody
2014-05-22 16:01:51 UTC
Permalink
A lot of the AMD hardware is helped significantly by bumping mesa version
from 9.2 to 10.1. RC2 has 9.2, unfortunately.
Post by Francesco Diaz
It works, but on my machine, an apu a8 5600 k, I receive graphics
corruption after 4 o 5 minutes of usage, and finally, the system frozen...
:/, please , amd need more consideration :(
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-05-23 02:00:20 UTC
Permalink
Post by Somebody
A lot of the AMD hardware is helped significantly by bumping mesa version
from 9.2 to 10.1. RC2 has 9.2, unfortunately.
I think I have explained that more than once.
I won't introduce such a significant change
in the current stable stage.
It will be addressed in next development cycle.
(including new kernel & mesa)
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
job
2014-05-23 06:25:21 UTC
Permalink
lenovo s10

sleep/resume works finally!

An android smartphone in USB mass storage status can also be mounted.

Thank you for the great work!
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Somebody
2014-05-23 13:47:26 UTC
Permalink
Then it will never be stable, because android simply does not work on 9.2.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
Post by Somebody
A lot of the AMD hardware is helped significantly by bumping mesa
version
Post by Somebody
from 9.2 to 10.1. RC2 has 9.2, unfortunately.
I think I have explained that more than once.
I won't introduce such a significant change
in the current stable stage.
It will be addressed in next development cycle.
(including new kernel & mesa)
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-05-26 01:15:04 UTC
Permalink
Post by Somebody
Then it will never be stable, because android simply does not work on 9.2.
I didn't get your point.
'Stable' doesn't mean it has no bug.
It just means the code should be frozen
to avoid introducing additional bugs.
Only bugfixes are acceptable.

If you want newer mesa, just work on it and make it stable.
Make sure it doesn't have any regression to the current
supported devices.
Then send me the pull request of your branch.
I'm happy to merge it in the next development cycle.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
Somebody
2014-05-26 12:44:03 UTC
Permalink
Mesa 10.1.4 working wonderfully on android:

https://github.com/lbdroid/android-x86_manifest/commits/kitkat-x86
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
Post by Somebody
Then it will never be stable, because android simply does not work on
9.2.
I didn't get your point.
'Stable' doesn't mean it has no bug.
It just means the code should be frozen
to avoid introducing additional bugs.
Only bugfixes are acceptable.
If you want newer mesa, just work on it and make it stable.
Make sure it doesn't have any regression to the current
supported devices.
Then send me the pull request of your branch.
I'm happy to merge it in the next development cycle.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Somebody
2014-05-22 16:02:58 UTC
Permalink
What do you mean by:

- The installer can't format ext3 filesystem.

???

Seems to format ext3 just fine for me....
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
s***@public.gmane.org
2014-05-22 16:20:39 UTC
Permalink
The WIFI and bluetooth, and all the sensors in surface pro 1,still can not
work in 4.4 RC2.But still thank u.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
s***@public.gmane.org
2014-05-22 16:22:14 UTC
Permalink
The WIFI and bluetooth, and all the sensors in surface pro 1,still can not
work in 4.4 RC2.But still thank u.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-05-22 19:18:07 UTC
Permalink
Intel GM45 graphics prevents installation. Workround is UVESA_MODE=
Mike Ross
2014-05-22 21:08:51 UTC
Permalink
I'm on GM45, It works fine.....

Mike

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com
Post by Bnjmn
Intel GM45 graphics prevents installation. Workround is UVESA_MODE=
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-05-23 13:51:45 UTC
Permalink
There was a problem with mesa in 3.14 kernels on linux with mobile Intel
GM45 chips & thought this may be related?
Post by Mike Ross
I'm on GM45, It works fine.....
Mike
Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com
Post by Bnjmn
Intel GM45 graphics prevents installation. Workround is UVESA_MODE=
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups
Post by Bnjmn
"Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an
Post by Bnjmn
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
mike r
2014-05-22 20:50:50 UTC
Permalink
Hey Just Wanted To Let you Know, That I Had a major melt down, Had to Reformat X86 Partition, Lost Sound and ALSA Was not fixing it, system ui kept crashing, My text app wasnt able to write to the Emulated SDCard, Dunno If this will help in anyway, But I'm sending this VIA a clean Install Of 4.4.2 RC2..

Mike
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Hideaki Tominaga
2014-05-23 05:46:20 UTC
Permalink
Acer Aspire One (AOA150/ZG5)

- [OK]: Display
- [OK]: Memory 1.5GB (HIGHMEM)
- [OK]: Keyboard / Touch Pad
- [OK]: Wifi / LAN
- [OK]: USB (USB Mouse / USB Flash Drive)
- [OK]: Sound / Microphone
- [OK]: SD Card reader / Multimedia Card reader
- [OK]: Bluetooth dongle (PLANEX BT-MicroEDR2X)
- [NG]: Built-in camera does not work.
- [NG]: Doesn't take a screenshot. ("Couldn't save screenshoot. Storage may
be in use.")
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Hideaki Tominaga
2014-05-26 00:03:56 UTC
Permalink
Post by Hideaki Tominaga
- [NG]: Built-in camera does not work.
- [OK]: Built-in camera (Taking snapshot doesn't work well)
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Christopher attwood-thomas
2014-05-24 21:34:51 UTC
Permalink
Hi is there any way of this being altered to include the touch support from
intel for android for my dell xps12 ?
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Andy S
2014-05-25 12:54:47 UTC
Permalink
Clean install on an Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T60.
Overall performance is great, main issue is no cpu frequency scaling, so cpu cores stuck on 1000000 (higer frequencies are listed as available but cannot change config)

Likely related to another issue preventing install of some apps (unknown -24 issue, Google suggests removing the relevant /data/data/appname/ folder, but not poss to even tho mounted rw...

Also get storage/system partition ID num mismatch warning at start, also likely related.

Installed on Ext3 partition on hard drive previously formatted.

Think I feel a re-format and fresh install coming on!
mike r
2014-05-25 14:30:48 UTC
Permalink
Ya I've had that APP thing, It's :Like a Bad UnInstall, Go In Delete it and Re-Install It should work....

Mike
Andy S
2014-05-25 17:03:26 UTC
Permalink
Re-formating the designated partition and re-install seems to have resolved app install issues.

Lack of CPU frequency scaling issue remains, various kernel tune/tweak apps report the available frequencies but reversed on the adjustment scale.

Looking in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/bios_limit it is set to 1000000, but other files in these directories repot the true limit of 1660000, so not sure why the system isn't using the available frequency scales..
Robert Kavaler
2014-05-25 06:34:57 UTC
Permalink
I'd really appreciate that too. On android-ia and ubuntu trusty the
touchscreen works, but not on android-x86. Unfortunately google store
doesn't work on android-ia so I'm stuck. On working releases show two
devices: ATML1000 and DLL while x86 shows Synaptics P/2 touchpad.

On Saturday, May 24, 2014 2:34:51 PM UTC-7, Christopher attwood-thomas
Post by Christopher attwood-thomas
Hi is there any way of this being altered to include the touch support
from intel for android for my dell xps12 ?
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Massimo Belgrano
2014-05-24 08:55:17 UTC
Permalink
I used with virtual
box folowing http://techverse.net/install-android-4-4-kitkat-windows-virtualbox/
but in startup remain freezed on altroid x86
prev versionn rc1 have worked
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
sulton maulana fathuddin
2014-05-24 17:22:56 UTC
Permalink
the wifi and bluetooth still not working on asus. anyone help me to fix the
wifi pleaseee...
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-05-25 18:27:11 UTC
Permalink
Apart from install not running until adding nomodules UVESA_MODE=1280x800
to kernel command, the Gallery, wallpaper, save screenshot all crash.
Google Maps shows nothing (black/blank)
log report<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByCssmFGnnHaMWNRWm1kVzlUVDg/edit?usp=sharing>
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-05-25 18:30:24 UTC
Permalink
remove the file extension to view attchmnts
Apart from install not running until adding nomodules UVESA_MODE=1280x800
to kernel command, the Gallery, wallpaper, save screenshot all crash.
Google Maps shows nothing (black/blank)
log report<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByCssmFGnnHaMWNRWm1kVzlUVDg/edit?usp=sharing>
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Robert Kavaler
2014-05-25 19:02:45 UTC
Permalink
I too have an XPS12 and the touchscreen doesn't work on RC2. Note that the
touchscreen does work on android-ia and on ubuntu trusty. The working
systems show input devices ATML1000 and DLL while x86 shows Synpatics PS/2
touchpad. Can figure out where ATML1000 comes from. Anyone know how to get
it to use the right drivers?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Manuel
2014-05-26 06:37:50 UTC
Permalink
I got an Yoga 11s, and the wifi (rtl8723au) cant be turned on.
it is recognized correct, because i can se the MAC-Adress.
i tried turning it on by the gui of android and via netcfg, but both wont
work.

Any suggestions?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Daniel Barrett
2014-05-27 19:55:52 UTC
Permalink
hi i have 2 questions:


1) can someone tell me what keylayout and keychars file are used in RC 2...
im trying to add some buttons to the config to turn on and off the onscreen
keyboard and rotate the screen by a button

2) Im looking for a list of all the flags that i can use to assign
functions to buttons

thanks for your help in advance
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
fuzzy7k
2014-05-28 15:49:10 UTC
Permalink
This post might be inappropriate. Click to display it.
Daniel Barrett
2014-05-30 15:39:36 UTC
Permalink
Where do I find this KEY_EVENT.java??? I can't seem to locate it ūüėĘ
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
john garrett
2014-05-28 20:17:26 UTC
Permalink
so far on acer aspire 5733z i can't find anything that doesn't work. still
testing. great work.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
evaristo gonz√°lez balbuena
2014-05-29 20:57:39 UTC
Permalink
C√ɬ≥mo se actualiza f√ɬ°cilmente? Porque me sigue saliendo el men√ɬļ de la RC1 y
sólo puedo entrar en la RC2 con el unetboting configurándolo cada vez que
quiero entrar.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Tetsuya Hinomura
2014-06-01 04:59:12 UTC
Permalink
Upgraded to 4.4 RC2 from 4.4RC1 on Acer Aspire E1-571 (no touchscreen -
using mouse)
Issues I have:
- Display/Apps/Launcher often goes black and restart(Any running(or
background) apps closed without notice) == Never encountered this in 4.4 RC1
- Some apps from previous version crashed for the first time run(after
upgrading) = Run well after the crash (not much annoying)
- Some apps is unresponsive - showing blackscreen/not clickable/Crashed;
ex. Chaos Drive shows blackscreen, some apps like Kaizin Rumble/Epic Cards
Battle/Devil Maker Tokyo(both not clickable and crashed after loading)...
are not clickable(using assistive zoom gave out touch respond), Million
Arthur SEA crashed after loading to black screen(they said Million Arthur
checking baseband and valid license for Android device - any non-Android
device can not run) - meanwhile Million Arthur from Japan runs pretty well,
Valkyrie Crusade crashed frequently when internet connection is laggy/slow
or interrupted. (*)
- If anyone notices, using ethernet(connecting cable to computer) will
disable WiFi after a while(wireless card not showing after using netcfg) (*)
- The clock on Android x86 always keeps up-to-date to local clock(matched
timezone), but after shutting down and rebooting into windows 8.1, the
clock in Windows 8.1 is mismatched the local clock(still matched timezone)
- (minus)7hours different,sometimes is the hours of the time Windows
shutdown...Have to manual sync clock to server...clock again goes wrong
after booting into Android x86. (*)
- Connecting HDMI - No sound on display(have to using command line to
enable sound on display) - Only have native resolution and some basic
resolutions of built-in display when using vga=ask (not showing external
display resolutions) (*)
Those issues with (*) is encountered in previous versions.
---
I hope in the next release you could cloaking Android x86 a valid license
and ID of an Android device(using ARM) so it could bypass the checking
phase of apps(like Million Arthur SEA)
---
I will find and report more issues and bugs to you.
Thanks for your great work.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
'Riccardo Pisanu' via Android-x86
2014-06-02 16:46:00 UTC
Permalink
Settings --> Power off is missing :)
Insane Destiny
2014-06-19 18:02:38 UTC
Permalink
I have the clock sync issue too.. it jumps ahead 5 hours when I reboot into
windows. I will try disabling time sync and experiment with different
timezones for a temp fix. I am central time/chicago and running a samsung
xe700t1c-a04us
Post by Tetsuya Hinomura
Upgraded to 4.4 RC2 from 4.4RC1 on Acer Aspire E1-571 (no touchscreen -
using mouse)
- The clock on Android x86 always keeps up-to-date to local clock(matched
timezone), but after shutting down and rebooting into windows 8.1, the
clock in Windows 8.1 is mismatched the local clock(still matched timezone)
- (minus)7hours different,sometimes is the hours of the time Windows
shutdown...Have to manual sync clock to server...clock again goes wrong
after booting into Android x86. (*)
Those issues with (*) is encountered in previous versions.
---
I hope in the next release you could cloaking Android x86 a valid license
and ID of an Android device(using ARM) so it could bypass the checking
phase of apps(like Million Arthur SEA)
---
I will find and report more issues and bugs to you.
Thanks for your great work.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Vivi
2014-06-19 23:10:23 UTC
Permalink
This is a common problem when dual booting Windows and other OSes.
Windows assumes the internal clock is local time when most other OSes assume that the local clock is UTC.
If one OS sets the clock automatically, the other one gets a "wrong" internal clock (unless you live in the UK and daylight savings are not in place).
One solution is to make sure that both OSes synchronize with some NTP client when they boot up.
Windows has some ntp client (embedded in its "Internet time" feature) and you can use ClockSync on Android x86 .
Use this ntp server:
pool.ntp.org
It should work reliably

----- Mail original -----
Envoyé: Jeudi 19 Juin 2014 20:02:38
Objet: Re: Android-x86 4.4-RC2 released
I have the clock sync issue too.. it jumps ahead 5 hours when I
reboot into windows. I will try disabling time sync and experiment
with different timezones for a temp fix. I am central time/chicago
and running a samsung xe700t1c-a04us
Post by Tetsuya Hinomura
Upgraded to 4.4 RC2 from 4.4RC1 on Acer Aspire E1-571 (no
touchscreen
- using mouse)
- The clock on Android x86 always keeps up-to-date to local
clock(matched timezone), but after shutting down and rebooting into
windows 8.1, the clock in Windows 8.1 is mismatched the local
clock(still matched timezone) - (minus)7hours different,sometimes
is
the hours of the time Windows shutdown...Have to manual sync clock
to server...clock again goes wrong after booting into Android x86.
(*)
Those issues with (*) is encountered in previous versions.
---
I hope in the next release you could cloaking Android x86 a valid
license and ID of an Android device(using ARM) so it could bypass
the checking phase of apps(like Million Arthur SEA)
---
I will find and report more issues and bugs to you.
Thanks for your great work.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86 .
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout .
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
mike r
2014-06-19 23:17:35 UTC
Permalink
Cool Thanks for that, i Knew there was something up with it, I'd change it In Windows then Android Be Wrong, Then Fix it in Android and Windows would be wrong, LOL, And I wasn't going into windows time to sync everytime, So That solves one more thing, Thanks!

Mike
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
evaristo gonz√°lez balbuena
2014-06-02 21:27:43 UTC
Permalink
I know not update the RC2 version still have the menu RC1. Is there a
tutorial to do so?
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
evaristo gonz√°lez balbuena
2014-06-02 06:41:21 UTC
Permalink
I installed RC1 on Acer Aspire One D255 and going well, what method should
I use to upgrade to RC2? Because when I try RC1 menu appears.

Thank you very much and thanks for the great work.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
mike r
2014-06-03 20:21:47 UTC
Permalink
Hey,

I think I might have found the root cause of the problem with the Intel
Corporation WiFi Link 5100, On a Dell Laptop 1750, I'm going to present
this in the order i did it...

Googling around in Android X86 4.4.2 RC2, I found This Command (This Was
for linux, but worked)

Wi-Fi State was on at the time:

***@x86:/ # dmesg | grep -e ipw -e wlan0
<6>[ 48.494513] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
<6>[ 51.958692] wlan0: authenticate with 98:0c:82:44:46:c2
<6>[ 51.962519] wlan0: send auth to 98:0c:82:44:46:c2 (try 1/3)
<6>[ 51.965346] wlan0: authenticated
<6>[ 51.970051] wlan0: associate with 98:0c:82:44:46:c2 (try 1/3)
<6>[ 51.973497] wlan0: RX AssocResp from 98:0c:82:44:46:c2 (capab=0x411
status=0 aid=1)
<6>[ 51.976309] wlan0: associated
<6>[ 51.976341] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready

So at this point I got to wondering about the FN-F2 Toggle for the Wi-Fi so
I Did the key Combo and the Wi-Fi SHUT-OFF!!!! This Surprised me, Went to
do it again, and it wouldn't turn back on!!!!\

So I Did The Above Command Again While Wi-Fi Was Off:

127|***@x86:/ # dmesg | grep -e ipw -e wlan0
<6>[ 48.494513] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
<6>[ 51.958692] wlan0: authenticate with 98:0c:82:44:46:c2
<6>[ 51.962519] wlan0: send auth to 98:0c:82:44:46:c2 (try 1/3)
<6>[ 51.965346] wlan0: authenticated
<6>[ 51.970051] wlan0: associate with 98:0c:82:44:46:c2 (try 1/3)
<6>[ 51.973497] wlan0: RX AssocResp from 98:0c:82:44:46:c2 (capab=0x411
status=0 aid=1)
<6>[ 51.976309] wlan0: associated
<6>[ 51.976341] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
<6>[ 1197.351419] wlan0: deauthenticating from 98:0c:82:44:46:c2 by local
choice (reason=3)
<6>[ 1197.351472] wlan0: HW problem - can not stop rx aggregation for
98:0c:82:44:46:c2 tid 0
<3>[ 1197.351554] wlan0: failed to remove key (0, 98:0c:82:44:46:c2) from
hardware (-5)
<3>[ 1197.351674] wlan0: failed to remove key (1, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff) from
hardware (-5)
<3>[ 1197.351692] wlan0: failed to remove key (2, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff) from
hardware (-5)

Now this got me thinking, Could it Simply be That The "ON" Switch is not
correctly configured???

If looked into RFKILL, And am Totally lost, RFKILL returns Not Found, I've
Come across a bunch of scripts, and have even hacked into initrd.img and
ramdisk.img but really don't knbow nothing about Inserting these things
in,,,,

Here is what I've found and maybe you can direct me on how to implement
this:

This I Believe was from a Git
rfkill - RF switch subsystem support
====================================

1 Implementation details
2 Driver support
3 Userspace support

===============================================================================
1: Implementation details

The rfkill switch subsystem offers support for keys often found on laptops
to enable wireless devices like WiFi and Bluetooth.

This is done by providing the user 3 possibilities:
1 - The rfkill system handles all events; userspace is not aware of events.
2 - The rfkill system handles all events; userspace is informed about the
events.
3 - The rfkill system does not handle events; userspace handles all events.

The buttons to enable and disable the wireless radios are important in
situations where the user is for example using his laptop on a location
where
wireless radios _must_ be disabled (e.g. airplanes).
Because of this requirement, userspace support for the keys should not be
made mandatory. Because userspace might want to perform some additional
smarter
tasks when the key is pressed, rfkill still provides userspace the
possibility
to take over the task to handle the key events.

The system inside the kernel has been split into 2 separate sections:
1 - RFKILL
2 - RFKILL_INPUT

The first option enables rfkill support and will make sure userspace will
be notified of any events through the input device. It also creates several
sysfs entries which can be used by userspace. See section "Userspace
support".

The second option provides an rfkill input handler. This handler will
listen to all rfkill key events and will toggle the radio accordingly.
With this option enabled userspace could either do nothing or simply
perform monitoring tasks.

====================================
2: Driver support

To build a driver with rfkill subsystem support, the driver should
depend on the Kconfig symbol RFKILL; it should _not_ depend on
RKFILL_INPUT.

Unless key events trigger an interrupt to which the driver listens, polling
will be required to determine the key state changes. For this the input
layer providers the input-polldev handler.

A driver should implement a few steps to correctly make use of the
rfkill subsystem. First for non-polling drivers:

- rfkill_allocate()
- input_allocate_device()
- rfkill_register()
- input_register_device()

For polling drivers:

- rfkill_allocate()
- input_allocate_polled_device()
- rfkill_register()
- input_register_polled_device()

When a key event has been detected, the correct event should be
sent over the input device which has been registered by the driver.

====================================
3: Userspace support

For each key an input device will be created which will send out the correct
key event when the rfkill key has been pressed.

The following sysfs entries will be created:

name: Name assigned by driver to this key (interface or driver name).
type: Name of the key type ("wlan", "bluetooth", etc).
state: Current state of the key. 1: On, 0: Off.
claim: 1: Userspace handles events, 0: Kernel handles events

Both the "state" and "claim" entries are also writable. For the "state"
entry
this means that when 1 or 0 is written all radios, not yet in the requested
state, will be will be toggled accordingly.
For the "claim" entry writing 1 to it means that the kernel no longer
handles
key events even though RFKILL_INPUT input was enabled. When "claim" has been
set to 0, userspace should make sure that it listens for the input events or
check the sysfs "state" entry regularly to correctly perform the required
tasks when the rkfill key is pressed.

This From a Linux Board:

Thanks for your answer! acpid is not installed on my system and to be
honest, I don't want to install another service just for this single
hotkey. But I will take that method into consideration, if I can't find
anything else.

Using...
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/bluetooth_enable
...I'm still missing the sufficient permissions.

There MUST be a way to toggle bluetooth without root permissions and
_without_ using acpid, since bluetooth-applet can do this without root
permissions and without acpid?!

This is, how bluetooth-applet manages the Bluetooth-Killswitch:
http://pastebin.com/3U4VKLtY
This inspired me to install "rfkill". And now

I finally found a solution!
#!/bin/bash

BT_RFKILL=$(rfkill list | grep tpacpi_bluetooth_sw | sed
's/\([0-9]\+\):.*/\1/')
BT_STATE=$(/sbin/rfkill list $BT_RFKILL | grep "Soft blocked: yes")

if [ "x" == "x$BT_STATE" ]; then
/sbin/rfkill block $BT_RFKILL
else
/sbin/rfkill unblock $BT_RFKILL
fi

exit 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


David Batson31st December 2011, 03:48 PM
Using your rfkill script, I was able to toggle bluetooth as well.

As root, I created the file /etc/acpi/actions/bluetooth.sh with the
contents of your rfkill script. I then made the file executable from
Nautilus as root by changing permissions.

Next I ran acpi_listen in terminal to see what Fn+F9 showed. I was getting
button/f24 F24 00000080 00000000. I then created the file
/etc/acpi/events/bluetoothconf as root with the following contents:
event=button/f24.*
action=/etc/acpi/actions/bluetooth.sh

Finally I ran #acpid restart. Now my hotkey combo toggles the bluetooth
radio on and off. :)

An alternative for some might be to create a custom keyboard shortcut in
System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Custom Shortcuts, however this was
not working for me with the Fn+F9 shortcut.

EDIT: After reboot I got some SELinux alerts. Had to run audit2allow 3
times (IIRC) to get SELinux to allow the rfkill script to run.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


vBulletin√ā¬ģ v3.8.7, Copyright √ā¬©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

And this Is the File I dob't Know what do do with, but i think needs to be
in intitrc:



/* vi: set sw=4 ts=4: */
/*
* rfkill implementation for busybox
*
* Copyright (C) 2010 Malek Degachi <malek-degachi-QFKgK+***@public.gmane.org>
*
* Licensed under GPLv2 or later, see file LICENSE in this source tree.
*/

//config:config RFKILL
//config: bool "rfkill"
//config: default n # doesn't build on Ubuntu 9.04
//config: select PLATFORM_LINUX
//config: help
//config: Enable/disable wireless devices.
//config:
//config: rfkill list : list all wireless devices
//config: rfkill list bluetooth : list all bluetooth devices
//config: rfkill list 1 : list device corresponding to the given index
//config: rfkill block|unblock wlan : block/unblock all wlan(wifi) devices
//config:

//applet:IF_RFKILL(APPLET(rfkill, BB_DIR_USR_SBIN, BB_SUID_DROP))

//kbuild:lib-$(CONFIG_RFKILL) += rfkill.o

//usage:#define rfkill_trivial_usage
//usage: "COMMAND [INDEX|TYPE]"
//usage:#define rfkill_full_usage "\n\n"
//usage: "Enable/disable wireless devices\n"
//usage: "\nCommands:"
//usage: "\n list [INDEX|TYPE] List current state"
//usage: "\n block INDEX|TYPE Disable device"
//usage: "\n unblock INDEX|TYPE Enable device"
//usage: "\n"
//usage: "\n TYPE: all, wlan(wifi), bluetooth, uwb(ultrawideband),"
//usage: "\n wimax, wwan, gps, fm"

#include "libbb.h"
#include <linux/rfkill.h>

enum {
OPT_b = (1 << 0), /* must be = 1 */
OPT_u = (1 << 1),
OPT_l = (1 << 2),
};

int rfkill_main(int argc, char **argv) MAIN_EXTERNALLY_VISIBLE;
int rfkill_main(int argc UNUSED_PARAM, char **argv)
{
struct rfkill_event event;
const char *rf_name;
int rf_fd;
int mode;
int rf_type;
int rf_idx;
unsigned rf_opt = 0;

argv++;
/* Must have one or two params */
if (!argv[0] || (argv[1] && argv[2]))
bb_show_usage();

mode = O_RDWR | O_NONBLOCK;
rf_name = argv[1];
if (strcmp(argv[0], "list") == 0) {
rf_opt |= OPT_l;
mode = O_RDONLY | O_NONBLOCK;
} else if (strcmp(argv[0], "block") == 0 && rf_name) {
rf_opt |= OPT_b;
} else if (strcmp(argv[0], "unblock") == 0 && rf_name) {
rf_opt |= OPT_u;
} else
bb_show_usage();

rf_type = RFKILL_TYPE_ALL;
rf_idx = -1;
if (rf_name) {
static const char rfkill_types[] ALIGN1 =
"all\0wlan\0bluetooth\0uwb\0wimax\0wwan\0gps\0fm\0";
if (strcmp(rf_name, "wifi") == 0)
rf_name = "wlan";
if (strcmp(rf_name, "ultrawideband") == 0)
rf_name = "uwb";
rf_type = index_in_strings(rfkill_types, rf_name);
if (rf_type < 0) {
rf_idx = xatoi_positive(rf_name);
}
}

rf_fd = device_open("/dev/rfkill", mode);
if (rf_fd < 0)
bb_perror_msg_and_die("/dev/rfkill");

if (rf_opt & OPT_l) {
while (full_read(rf_fd, &event, sizeof(event)) == RFKILL_EVENT_SIZE_V1) {
parser_t *parser;
char *tokens[2];
char rf_sysfs[sizeof("/sys/class/rfkill/rfkill%u/uevent") + sizeof(int)*3];
char *name, *type;

if (rf_type && rf_type != event.type && rf_idx < 0) {
continue;
}

if (rf_idx >= 0 && event.idx != rf_idx) {
continue;
}

name = NULL;
type = NULL;
sprintf(rf_sysfs, "/sys/class/rfkill/rfkill%u/uevent", event.idx);
parser = config_open2(rf_sysfs, fopen_for_read);
while (config_read(parser, tokens, 2, 2, "\n=", PARSE_NORMAL)) {
if (strcmp(tokens[0], "RFKILL_NAME") == 0) {
name = xstrdup(tokens[1]);
continue;
}
if (strcmp(tokens[0], "RFKILL_TYPE") == 0) {
type = xstrdup(tokens[1]);
continue;
}
}
config_close(parser);

printf("%u: %s: %s\n", event.idx, name, type);
printf("\tSoft blocked: %s\n", event.soft ? "yes" : "no");
printf("\tHard blocked: %s\n", event.hard ? "yes" : "no");
free(name);
free(type);
}
} else {
memset(&event, 0, sizeof(event));
if (rf_type >= 0) {
event.type = rf_type;
event.op = RFKILL_OP_CHANGE_ALL;
}

if (rf_idx >= 0) {
event.idx = rf_idx;
event.op = RFKILL_OP_CHANGE;
}

/* Note: OPT_b == 1 */
event.soft = (rf_opt & OPT_b);

xwrite(rf_fd, &event, sizeof(event));
}

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

Sorry to post this and not ATTACH it but it says it's not allowed....

Any Ideas?? I've OBVIOUSLY Done alot of research to get this
far................

Mike
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
mike r
2014-06-04 01:15:46 UTC
Permalink
Ok I Found a Flash File called BusyBox_Ultimate_Package.zip (I'll Attach if it lets me), and it has a Boat load of Extra Linux Commands, Including RFKILL, I Installed it on my phone and it works, I copied over to system\xbin, and of course it doesn't work....

SO Question is How do I flash a the zip on X86? I tried:

***@x86:/storage/emulated/legacy # adb sideload bup.zip
error: closed

ADB Ideas?

Mike
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
mike r
2014-06-04 01:19:48 UTC
Permalink
Here's the file
Post by mike r
Ok I Found a Flash File called BusyBox_Ultimate_Package.zip (I'll Attach
if it lets me), and it has a Boat load of Extra Linux Commands, Including
RFKILL, I Installed it on my phone and it works, I copied over to
system\xbin, and of course it doesn't work....
error: closed
ADB Ideas?
Mike
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-06-04 13:00:45 UTC
Permalink
Trebuchet is a big FAIL as it breaks
Bnjmn
2014-06-04 13:01:58 UTC
Permalink
Trebuchet is a big FAIL as it breaks screenshots,wallpaper,gallery,maps
etc......see my earlier posts for machine info!
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Massimo Belgrano
2014-06-04 17:20:47 UTC
Permalink
I try use 4.4-RC2 with virtual box
installation is ok
then remain halted on "android" logo

using a prev 4.4 version published here i am able to run
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
√ćcaro Albuquerque
2014-06-09 01:26:04 UTC
Permalink
Running this version on my Acer E1-421 with an AMD E1-1200 + Radeon HD 7310
graphics (the 7310M is just a slightly higher clocked 6310M) more precisely
together with Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04, in a triple-boot setup and in
UEFI mode.

It runs very well, fluid and responsive, and both hardware acceleration and
ARM translator work - suspend and resume also works! - but here are some
issues I ran into. All of them were also found in the previous version
(4.4-RC1).
- Wi-Fi: DHCP doesn't work. I can only connect to my network if I set an
static IP.
(Note: This didn't happen when I used Android with my other hard drive -
Android was the only OS installed - and in legacy BIOS mode. Maybe it has
something to do with Ubuntu or with UEFI mode?)
- Stuttering audio, either right after the system starts or if I leave it
idle for too much time. Seems to be related to something called "sleep
time" in the audio subsystem (this info appears if I do a logcat).
- The wallpaper sometimes gets replaced with a black background. This
happens either when I change the wallpaper or when an app changes the
screen orientation. Changing the screen orientation via Alt+F9 to Alt+F12
usually solves this; in some other cases I have to restart SystemUI.
- My touchpad (a Synaptics touchpad with multi-touch support) is only
recognized as a mouse, and because of that, some apps/games don't work.

I'll report again in case I find more issues and/or a fix for them.


Em terça-feira, 20 de maio de 2014 12h45min59s UTC-3, Chih-Wei Huang
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
steve c
2014-06-09 05:25:17 UTC
Permalink
Just tried 4.4-RC2 but the disc won't boot. I get a message saying "No
Default or Configuration Directive Found" and it won't go any farther. I
have no idea what that means but the older ver. 4.3 runs OK. Anyone know
what's wrong with the new version?
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Ralf ranfyy
2014-06-10 10:19:43 UTC
Permalink
Post by steve c
Just tried 4.4-RC2 but the disc won't boot. I get a message saying "No
Default or Configuration Directive Found" and it won't go any farther. I
have no idea what that means but the older ver. 4.3 runs OK. Anyone know
what's wrong with the new version?
Always format the disk (quick format is enough).
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Ralf ranfyy
2014-06-10 14:40:22 UTC
Permalink
Post by Ralf ranfyy
Post by steve c
Just tried 4.4-RC2 but the disc won't boot. I get a message saying "No
Default or Configuration Directive Found" and it won't go any farther. I
have no idea what that means but the older ver. 4.3 runs OK. Anyone know
what's wrong with the new version?
Always format the disk (quick format is enough).
I didn't want to cause confusion. I was referring to USB thumb drive
installation (what I used). I had an older android-x86 installer image on
the USB drive and copied a newer version over (with UnetBootin, without
formatting). I can not remember the exact error messages I got.

And @steve didn't even mention CD.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
steve c
2014-06-10 13:21:13 UTC
Permalink
Nonsense! What does formatting have to do with booting the CD? Does
anyone know if RC1 will work? I downloaded it but haven't tried it yet.
BTW, There should be some way to update to a newer version without having
to install it from scratch again!
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-06-10 13:34:15 UTC
Permalink
I upgraded from Jelly Bean OK!! Though my current install was from a format if I remember correctly? had trouble with partitions on 1 of my identicle machines.
mike r
2014-06-10 14:33:40 UTC
Permalink
You don't have to Format to install, Just say No, Update Grub, And It'll check to see if you have a previus version installed and ask if you want to upgrade...

Mike
rizq auliansyah
2014-06-11 12:14:47 UTC
Permalink
Wurt Lain
2014-06-16 19:28:52 UTC
Permalink
Tested on Lenovo ThinkPad T400 - work's fine 1 problem with graphic card
steve c
2014-06-17 14:27:39 UTC
Permalink
Found the problem with RC2, tried RC1 and it worked OK so I looked at
RC2 again and found the download site hadn't sent the complete file.
Re-downloaded it to get the entire file and it installed OK. BTW,
wifi works fine on my Dell D630 using Intel wifi adapter card so if
your wifi isn't working then try a different one.
Tested on Lenovo ThinkPad T400 - work's fine 1 problem with graphic card but
resolved (working in full resolution)
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/android-x86/x-HLcuFNTXA/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Julian Alvarez
2014-06-19 16:40:11 UTC
Permalink
First of all great work. You are the best.
I have a Surface pro 2 & androidx86 works very fast and fluency but I have 2 "big" problems:

- Orientation not work on Surface pro 2, but with the version 4.2.2 Android-ia from rerede works perfect.
- WiFi dongle Realtek Cus 8188 not work but it have driver for Android. I atach the link.

In next release It would be posible to add the orientation driver from Android-ia to androidx86?

Thnks a lot
Mario Ray Mahardhika
2014-06-22 14:45:12 UTC
Permalink
Trying it again on my optimus laptop, still the same with RC1. Many
services crashes on first boot and I end up with empty screen with non
functional back button. But now, I get the logcat to help you analyze the
problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/Docs/android-x86.kitkatrc2.logcat
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-06-22 14:53:08 UTC
Permalink
Your display driver is an issue.
Look at my earlier post here for a possible fix
Bnjmn
2014-06-22 14:57:01 UTC
Permalink
Post by Bnjmn
Your display driver is an issue.
Look at my earlier post here for a possible fix (put this in before install)
nomodules UVESA_MODE=1280x800 to kernel command
Bnjmn
2014-06-22 14:58:35 UTC
Permalink
Trying it again on my optimus laptop, still the same with RC1. Many services crashes on first boot and I end up with empty screen with non functional back button. But now, I get the logcat to help you analyze the problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/Docs/android-x86.kitkatrc2.logcat
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:45:59 PM UTC+7, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
nomodules UVESA_MODE='whatever your display res' is?' to kernel command
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Mario Ray Mahardhika
2014-06-22 15:26:24 UTC
Permalink
Like that?

<Loading Image...>

Here's what I get next:

<Loading Image...>
In other words: no difference
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Trying it again on my optimus laptop, still the same with RC1. Many
services crashes on first boot and I end up with empty screen with non
functional back button. But now, I get the logcat to help you analyze the
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/Docs/android-x86.kitkatrc2.logcat
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:45:59 PM UTC+7, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:The
4.4-RC2 is released.
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
nomodules UVESA_MODE='whatever your display res' is?' to kernel command
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-06-22 15:32:14 UTC
Permalink
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Like that?
In other words: no difference
Trying it again on my optimus laptop, still the same with RC1. Many services crashes on first boot and I end up with empty screen with non functional back button. But now, I get the logcat to help you analyze the problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/Docs/android-x86.kitkatrc2.logcat
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:45:59 PM UTC+7, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
nomodules UVESA_MODE='whatever your display res' is?' to kernel command
Looks Okay apart from that! can that be ignored?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Mario Ray Mahardhika
2014-06-22 15:39:37 UTC
Permalink
That's the problem: it has no use if it's ignored. On the next page, I'll
have a wifi setup which I can skip, and after that google account handler
that crashes like those bunch of services in the 2nd screenshot, and it
ends. Blank screen with non functional back button.
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Like that?
In other words: no difference
On Sunday, June 22, 2014 9:58:35 PM UTC+7, Bnjmn wrote:On Sunday, 22
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Trying it again on my optimus laptop, still the same with RC1. Many
services crashes on first boot and I end up with empty screen with non
functional back button. But now, I get the logcat to help you analyze the
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/Docs/android-x86.kitkatrc2.logcat
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:45:59 PM UTC+7, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:The
4.4-RC2 is released.
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
nomodules UVESA_MODE='whatever your display res' is?' to kernel command
Looks Okay apart from that! can that be ignored?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bnjmn
2014-06-22 15:44:59 UTC
Permalink
That's the problem: it has no use if it's ignored. On the next page, I'll have a wifi setup which I can skip, and after that google account handler that crashes like those bunch of services in the 2nd screenshot, and it ends. Blank screen with non functional back button.
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Like that?
In other words: no difference
Trying it again on my optimus laptop, still the same with RC1. Many services crashes on first boot and I end up with empty screen with non functional back button. But now, I get the logcat to help you analyze the problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/Docs/android-x86.kitkatrc2.logcat
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:45:59 PM UTC+7, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
nomodules UVESA_MODE='whatever your display res' is?' to kernel command
Looks Okay apart from that! can that be ignored?
Oh! sorry for my misunderstanding....was the partition formatted?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Mario Ray Mahardhika
2014-06-22 15:47:31 UTC
Permalink
Post by Bnjmn
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
That's the problem: it has no use if it's ignored. On the next page, I'll
have a wifi setup which I can skip, and after that google account handler
that crashes like those bunch of services in the 2nd screenshot, and it
ends. Blank screen with non functional back button.>
On Sunday, June 22, 2014 10:32:14 PM UTC+7, Bnjmn wrote:On Sunday, 22 June
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Like that?
In other words: no difference
On Sunday, June 22, 2014 9:58:35 PM UTC+7, Bnjmn wrote:On Sunday, 22
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Trying it again on my optimus laptop, still the same with RC1. Many
services crashes on first boot and I end up with empty screen with
non functional back button. But now, I get the logcat to help you
analyze the
problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/Docs/android-x8
6.kitkatrc2.logcat
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:45:59 PM UTC+7, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:The
4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
nomodules UVESA_MODE='whatever your display res' is?' to kernel command
Looks Okay apart from that! can that be ignored?
Oh! sorry for my misunderstanding....was the partition formatted?
It's a live mode, I don't want to waste my HDD space before ensuring it works
through the live cd.
Bnjmn
2014-06-22 15:49:25 UTC
Permalink
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Post by Bnjmn
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
That's the problem: it has no use if it's ignored. On the next page, I'll
have a wifi setup which I can skip, and after that google account handler
that crashes like those bunch of services in the 2nd screenshot, and it
ends. Blank screen with non functional back button.>
On Sunday, June 22, 2014 10:32:14 PM UTC+7, Bnjmn wrote:On Sunday, 22 June
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Like that?
In other words: no difference
On Sunday, June 22, 2014 9:58:35 PM UTC+7, Bnjmn wrote:On Sunday, 22
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Trying it again on my optimus laptop, still the same with RC1. Many
services crashes on first boot and I end up with empty screen with
non functional back button. But now, I get the logcat to help you
analyze the
problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/Docs/android-x8
6.kitkatrc2.logcat
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:45:59 PM UTC+7, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:The
4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
nomodules UVESA_MODE='whatever your display res' is?' to kernel command
Looks Okay apart from that! can that be ignored?
Oh! sorry for my misunderstanding....was the partition formatted?
It's a live mode, I don't want to waste my HDD space before ensuring it works
through the live cd.
Looks like you'll have to comit!!
mike r
2014-06-22 21:30:36 UTC
Permalink
Two Suggestions, When I first installed I was getting all kinds of Force closes like that, Power Through it if you can and Update from the Google Play, Alternative Might be to find a comp[atible GAPPS Package... Just an Idea to try....


Mike
rbg
2014-06-22 16:22:19 UTC
Permalink
with dual graphic chips such as Nvidia optimus
boot scripts may not correctly detect the i915/i965 driver
and hardware acceleration being gets disabled automatically.

try:
----
1) boot with the Nvida card disabled in the devices bios

2) android-ia should work fine...

https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/
Post by Mario Ray Mahardhika
Trying it again on my optimus laptop, still the same with RC1. Many
services crashes on first boot and I end up with empty screen with non
functional back button. But now, I get the logcat to help you analyze the
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/Docs/android-x86.kitkatrc2.logcat
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Barry Drake
2014-06-25 06:51:27 UTC
Permalink
I have tried to make this work by installing to an 88 GiB hard drive, dual
booting with Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10 on two separate hard drives. My
hardware is:
description: Motherboard
product: FM2A55M-VG3
vendor: ASRock
*-cpu
description: CPU
product: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Trinity [Radeon HD 7560D]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
Ram
4 Gib

When I boot from the new installation, it boots OK, but gives the error
'Setup wizard has stopped'. If I click 'OK' I get nothing but the back
button which does nothing. I can get to a terminal, but have no idea what
I might try. I have tried all the boot options with no success. I can
easily read and/or edit any of the startup sctipts if that will help. I
can also retrieve any of the logs and post, but I don't know my way around
Android sufficiently well to know what I am looking at. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all your work. Regards,
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Barry Drake
2014-06-25 07:14:23 UTC
Permalink
I have installed to an 88 GiB hard drive on my desktop alongside two other
drives dual booting Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10. It is installed to /dev/sdc1
which is formatted ext3. The hardware is as follows:
description: Motherboard
product: FM2A55M-VG3
vendor: ASRock
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Trinity [Radeon HD 7560D]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
description: CPU
product: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
description: RAM 4GiB

When I boot, it gets into 'X' Ok with a cursor etc. But it fails with the
message 'The setup wizard has closed'. If I click the 'OK' button, I am
left with nothing but a 'back' button and have to get out by going into a
terminal.
I know Linux well, but the Android setup is so different that I have no
idea what files I might tweak or what logs might be helpful to post here.
Any thoughts please? I'm happy to do some work on this.
Thanks for all your excellent work. Regards, Barry.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Mike Ross
2014-06-26 02:29:50 UTC
Permalink
Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com
Post by Barry Drake
I have installed to an 88 GiB hard drive on my desktop alongside two other
drives dual booting Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10. It is installed to /dev/sdc1
description: Motherboard
product: FM2A55M-VG3
vendor: ASRock
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Trinity [Radeon HD 7560D]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
description: CPU
product: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
description: RAM 4GiB
When I boot, it gets into 'X' Ok with a cursor etc. But it fails with the
message 'The setup wizard has closed'. If I click the 'OK' button, I am
left with nothing but a 'back' button and have to get out by going into a
terminal.
I know Linux well, but the Android setup is so different that I have no
idea what files I might tweak or what logs might be helpful to post here.
Any thoughts please? I'm happy to do some work on this.
Thanks for all your excellent work. Regards, Barry.
The 4.4-RC2 is released. >
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2 >
I encourage all users of previous version upgrade to this version. >
-- Chih-Wei Android-x86 project http://www.android-x86.org >
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Barry Drake
2014-06-25 20:22:13 UTC
Permalink
Problem booting into this release

I have installed to an 88 GiB hard drive on my desktop alongside two other
drives dual booting Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10. It is installed to /dev/sdc1
which is formatted ext3. The hardware is as follows:
description: Motherboard
product: FM2A55M-VG3
vendor: ASRock
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Trinity [Radeon HD 7560D]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
description: CPU
product: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
description: RAM 4GiB

When I boot, it gets into 'X' Ok with a cursor etc. But it fails with the
message 'The setup wizard has closed'. If I click the 'OK' button, I am
left with nothing but a 'back' button and have to get out by going into a
terminal.
I know Linux well, but the Android setup is so different that I have no
idea what files I might tweak or what logs might be helpful to post here.
Any thoughts please? I'm happy to do some work on this. The attached file
is the output from grep wizard in the root directory. I can upload any of
the files mentioned.
Thanks for all your excellent work. Regards, Barry.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Barry Drake
2014-06-26 07:20:07 UTC
Permalink
Apologies for spamming with three similar replies. I thought I was doing
something wrong when the first two replies did not seem to appear. Barry.
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
The 4.4-RC2 is released.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2
I encourage all users of previous version
upgrade to this version.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android-x86" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
To post to this group, send email to android-x86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/***@public.gmane.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Continue reading on narkive:
Loading...