kernel for tablets baytrail
Jose Luis s
2017-02-16 14:03:05 UTC
Hello.

Some days ago, tested a distro from linuxium, a zesty ubuntu alpha with
kernel 4.10 rc5, well this distro works in my tablet, rotation sensor is
detected, Crystal Cove power manager is working and battery detected, even
can charge the tablet and USB hub simultaneously, Bluetooth detected and
working, Wifi working, and Sound also working, jack output, speakers, (not
tested HDMI but reported as working), even my power button is working
(bright is not working, neither suspend though, not sure throtting but this
is not so important for my main project) all OOTB with no kernel
recompilation, no script involved, no configuration file modified at all.
My Q is What do we need to do to have a similar solution in our beloved
Android-x86, CM13, etc? Can we use partially the linuxium kernel? I've mada
some partial progress with the valuable support from this community but it
would be great to have a compact/working kernel as this one.

Any help would be great....

Thanks all.
Jon West
2017-02-16 14:29:36 UTC
We can maybe use their kernel, and then just add a small list of commits on
top to Android-x86'ify it. I would like to take a look at the kernel source
to make sure though.
Jose Luis s

Jon West
Jose Luis s

Jose Luis s
2017-02-24 11:52:28 UTC
Some news about this:

http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com.es/2017/02/ubuntu-16042-and-updated-ubuntu-1704.html

I hope this can improve the situation a bit for our baytrail tablets.
youling 257

youling 257

youling 257

adam dubuque
2017-02-26 23:41:27 UTC
Subscribed....

I really hope you guys get it all working. There is a driver for the realtek sound card for linux here ( http://airbornesurfer.com/2015/04/how-to-install-realtek-hd-audio-driver-in-linux/ ) it needs to be added to the kernal but something tells me it is the fix for that