Linuxium kernel in android x86?
adam dubuque
2017-03-08 13:43:19 UTC
I am still trying to get my sound working for baytrail. I loaded linuxium ubuntu and everything worked, sound, bluetooth you name it.
Is it possible to install android x86 6.0 and use the kernel from linuxium to get everything working?
If so can you tell me how to swap kernels and where it's located after the android install. I usually partition an ext4 on my C: to install android.

Otherwise is there any way to get this sound working on baytrail???

Thank you again
Guilherme Furst
2017-03-09 00:06:42 UTC
So bad news is that we can't simply install new kernel on android like we
would on a regular linux, no clue to what steps take, but without a package
manager some things may be left missing. As far as I can tell, same for
drivers too, and very little can be changed even on a rooted device.
Good news is that if its in fact working on linuxium kernel, changes are
likely to be patched or added into some form on the android_x86 releases.
So how did you manage to test those features? My tablet has barely any
working hardware (display control, power management, touch, battery, who
else knows more), and this could possibly bring some life to it again.
Henri Koivuneva
2017-03-09 20:20:04 UTC
Good news that it works!

The Android version of Linux kernel is so different from mainline Linux that it simply cannot work. There are many things specific to Android in it so that's why it isn't "plug and play".

However, if the patches he has applied to his linuxium kernel, then built it and shared, are available somewhere in .patch files, anyone could apply them to the Android-x86 kernel. I've tried asking him for the patches a few times but he doesn't even reply. Sure, he links to a GitHub repo where his modified kernel resides, but the patches aren't available there, at least they weren't when I last checked in December I think.

So if anyone can get the patches that he uses and send them here, I could make you a test build with them for Android-x86 Nougat/Bliss-x86/LineageOS x86. Then if everything works and the patches don't break stuff for other devices, we can ask the Android-x86 developers to merge them too!

However, any of that won't be possible if:
1. The patches aren't merged into mainline kernel (from where they come down to Android-x86 eventually) for some reason
2. OR they're not available as standalone patch files which we can use to patch the kernel ourselves
For example when someone creates a patch that will be added to mainline kernel, it'll still take quite a while to get there because it needs verification, testing, review etc. so a patch made now might get to kernel 4.12 or so.

Last year I spent some months tracking down different patches from mailing lists etc and applied them with both patch files and manual editing, we got some stuff working, but not even near enough and it also took a lot of time because of the need to find the fixes, manually find the correct rows in the code, copy over the new stuff, build and test, see that something went wrong, go through the code again, build again, etc... I built myself a fast PC for also this purpose so full clean builds now take about 40 minutes to complete, making the whole process faster.

So if you or anyone else can find and share the patch files used in that linuxium Ubuntu kernel it would be great! Then we could have bigger possibilities of getting Android-x86 for bay trail and maybe cherry trail working better. That would also mean that the fixes and additions could be added to Android-x86 itself, thus letting many more people enjoy the great stuff this amazing project brings. Chuwi tablets etc would get a whole new life...

Somewhat off-topic: Ubuntu 17.04 with kernel 4.10 is the FIRST Linux ever that has booted straight away with no hacking needed on my PC (due to NVIDIA cards like now GTX 1080). It's incredible what the open source community can do.
adam dubuque
2017-03-09 22:53:10 UTC
I will help with this as much as I can thank you for offering to help
youling 257
2017-03-10 08:17:21 UTC
very simply  Linux version 4.11.0-rc1-android-x86 (***@localhost) (gcc
version 6.3.0 20170221 (Ubuntu 6.3.0-8ubuntu1) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 6
18:12:02 CST 2017 first time porting 4.11 rc1 to Android x86

圚 2017幎3月10日星期五 UTC+8䞊午4:20:05Henri Koivuneva写道
Jose Luis s
2017-03-10 10:02:46 UTC
Hello Youling,
Is this latest kernel from Maurossi?, Too fast for me :-) I'm yet testing
your directions for 4.8.17, but AFAIK 4.11 will be the first kernel with
baytrail issues fixed OOTB. Have you tried it?

Regarding linuxium patches, we can get a list of patches referenced in he's
blog entries, are public, but not he's own patches, at least in form of a
patch file.
youling 257
2017-03-10 10:15:53 UTC
by myselfisn't MaurossiI download linux-4.11-rc1.tar.xz Mar 6 18:12:02
CST . 4.11 upstream merged all the sound patchs and necessary battery
patch /sys/class/power_supply/axp288_fuel_gauge . first CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY=m
and /system/etc/modules.blacklist battery . what OOTB ?

圚 2017幎3月10日星期五 UTC+8䞋午6:02:46Jose Luis s写道
adam dubuque
2017-03-10 12:48:20 UTC
I can't thank you guys enough for your help. I am praying big time that this works out. I have ubuntu on my machine in hopes to help but I am a complete nuub when it comes to compiling kernals. I have not done even 1 yet. But I am desperate. I will continue to do my best and find patches and if I can figure it out help to apply them. By the way what baytrail machines do you have? I have the Efun Nextbook Flex 11 z3735f
Now dual booting windows 10 and Ubuntu linuxium.
Jose Luis s
youling 257
2017-03-10 21:32:26 UTC
Nothing is more important than adjusting brightness and silead I still use
4.8.17 no kernel developer solved bay trail silead and adjust brightness
at 4.9 kernel later . 4.9 kernel is longtermbut silead not work . battery
state is no problem on my 4.8.17 kernel and my Androidon post-fs before
start healthd serviceruning battery script .

圚 2017幎3月11日星期六 UTC+8䞊午5:08:46Jose Luis s写道
Post by Jose Luis s
OOTB = Out of the box
adam dubuque
2017-03-10 21:39:41 UTC
Great News!!! So can someone please build an android x86 with kernal 4.11
adam dubuque
2017-03-10 21:50:19 UTC
This version called ANDEX (wich the developer is charging $9) supposedly runs on almost any machine including bay and cherry trail.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/andex/
adam dubuque
2017-03-10 22:06:16 UTC
This looks very interesting to
Running a full android distros from a USB or sd card or dual boot with android and Linux

https://plus.google.com/109451178006683865932/posts/22Vxc6Sr5Ei

Can anyone confirm this
Giam Teck Choon
2017-03-11 02:27:15 UTC
Post by adam dubuque
This looks very interesting to
Running a full android distros from a USB or sd card or dual boot with android and Linux
https://plus.google.com/109451178006683865932/posts/22Vxc6Sr5Ei
Can anyone confirm this
What is the difference if you create a multiboot USB with Windows OS
installation, Android-x86 (32bits and 64bits), Remix OS (32bits and
64bits), Rescue CD ISOs and other Linux ISOs etc... ? Example I custom one
just for playing with different OS and doing rescue....

Sorry for this off-topic. I will stop for now.

Regards,

Giam Teck Choon
adam dubuque
2017-03-11 04:23:23 UTC
It was created by Ian morrison the same guy who created linuxium so I am hoping that the distros will work with baytrail
adam dubuque
2017-03-10 12:52:32 UTC
Ok here is my first find
Hope this helps

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1702.2/04904.html
Jon West
2017-03-10 14:38:27 UTC
There are two Ubuntu kernel branches I have been working on in the
BlissRoms-x86 repo. Ubuntu-4.10.0-5.7-blissified has most of the Cherry
Trail patches, zesty-kernel-4.10.0-11.13-blissified has all the patches
that made it to their Zesty release I think, & ubuntu-4.11-blissified is
tracking their dev branch and pulling in various patches from other sources
too. I am still tracking more down and slowly building them both up. You
guys are free to use these as well :)
Henri Koivuneva
adam dubuque
2017-03-10 15:47:56 UTC
Awesome Jon thank you
Georgios Kourachanis
2017-03-24 20:49:14 UTC
Hi

The patches that linuxium has used on his github for the ubuntu kernel
version 4.10.0-10.12 are the ones that I attach on this message.
I created them by cloning Ubuntu's original tree and comparing versus
linuxium's tree. Of course with the correct versions (tags+branches).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B30hTdZM-C4rcldmbG83VXJHRGs
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B30hTdZM-C4rb21GaURMa28taTA

I hope that helps.

Regards,
George

΀η ΠέΌπτη, 9 Μαρτίου 2017 - 10:20:05 ÎŒ.ÎŒ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Henri Koivuneva
Georgios Kourachanis

adam dubuque
2017-03-10 12:59:21 UTC
This says linuxium z3735f patches
https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/UNWdwRMqy3j
adam dubuque
2017-03-10 13:02:25 UTC
Also try searching
"ian morrison z3735f patches"
adam dubuque
2017-03-10 13:06:49 UTC
Here's the patch
https://github.com/johnko/ubuntu-14.04.2-desktop-amd64-intel-compute-stick/blob/master/linuxium-z3735f-patch.sh

Also search
ian morrison z3735f patch
Or
linuxium-z3735f-patch.sh
Guilherme Furst
2017-03-10 00:37:26 UTC
Found that Linuxium release to try it out, its was surprisingly good, quick
boot, responsive, wifi and audio indeed working, battery was a bit confused
but at least it detected. Things that still didn't seem to work are, power
management, display touch and brightness.
At the very least it really looks promising, so please do keep us posted if
you find out the source of these patches, as they could be useful not only
on Android but other linux systems as well.
Jamie Earp
2017-03-29 14:20:52 UTC
Post by adam dubuque
I am still trying to get my sound working for baytrail. I loaded linuxium ubuntu and everything worked, sound, bluetooth you name it.
Is it possible to install android x86 6.0 and use the kernel from linuxium to get everything working?
If so can you tell me how to swap kernels and where it's located after the android install. I usually partition an ext4 on my C: to install android.
Otherwise is there any way to get this sound working on baytrail???
Thank you again
ive tried linuxium kernel on androidx86 it worked but ran slow,
ive been working on a rom for baytrail tablets for a few weeks, ive got sound bt+wifi
heres a link, i hope it works for you

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gcTS4HLV77MFg4cmF5clR1czA
Jamie Earp
2017-03-29 14:43:30 UTC
Post by adam dubuque
I am still trying to get my sound working for baytrail. I loaded linuxium ubuntu and everything worked, sound, bluetooth you name it.
Is it possible to install android x86 6.0 and use the kernel from linuxium to get everything working?
If so can you tell me how to swap kernels and where it's located after the android install. I usually partition an ext4 on my C: to install android.
Otherwise is there any way to get this sound working on baytrail???
Thank you again
you can try my build sound sould work
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gcTS4HLV77MFg4cmF5clR1czA

ive tryed linuxium kernel with androidx86 it worked but was very slow
adam dubuque
2017-03-29 16:11:36 UTC
Post by adam dubuque
Otherwise is there any way to get this sound working on baytrail???
Thank you again
you can try my build sound sould work
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gcTS4HLV77MFg4cmF5clR1czA
ive tryed linuxium kernel with androidx86 it worked but was very slow
finally some hope.... I'll try it and report back
thank you
adam dubuque
2017-03-29 16:30:27 UTC
YOU DID IT!!! EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!
SOUND,BLUETOOTH,SCREEN DIMMING,YOU NAME IT AND IT WORKS
I LOVE YOU, YOU ARE MY SAVIOR
AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS IT WORKS!!!
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH
adam dubuque
2017-03-29 16:31:39 UTC
Oh yea mine isn't slow, I used extended 4 format and it's lightning fast I have it installed and not live not sure if that helps but mine is perfect
adam dubuque
2017-03-29 16:59:37 UTC
Ok I may have spoke to soon.
My volume is pretty low at full volume and headphones do not work.
So I figured since bluetooth is working I'll use a Bluetooth connector for my headphones but it connected and immidiatly crashed so that's not working really either.
Please don't think I am complaining there is sound even if it is low which makes it usable now. And reboot also worked. The things that aren't working are a great deal closer now to working then ever, so again thank you, I hope this continues and we can improve on this because it is so awesome and so hopefully and this will help the tolhousands of people with batty trail machines. I would be curious to know how well this might work on the cherry trails also
adam dubuque
2017-03-29 17:36:01 UTC
One more correction I attempted to restart and boot back into android and now it just gets stuck on the cyan android marshmallow head flashing, I've waited and waited but it won't boot.
Alt+f1 says
Modprobe: couldn't probe module 'fs-cpuset'
'F2fs'
No controlling tty: open /dev/tty: no such device or address
Warning won't have full job control
Dan Mirescu
2017-03-29 17:47:08 UTC
Post by adam dubuque
One more correction I attempted to restart and boot back into android and now it just gets stuck on the cyan android marshmallow head flashing, I've waited and waited but it won't boot.
Alt+f1 says
Modprobe: couldn't probe module 'fs-cpuset'
'F2fs'
No controlling tty: open /dev/tty: no such device or address
Warning won't have full job control
Does your touchscreen work with the build posted by Jamie Earp?
Also, does it work with the official Android x86_64 6.0 r1/r2 builds?

On my Baytrail tablet it doesn't seem to work out of the box. I found a way to kind of make it work on the official build, but it's not ideal (bad detection on screen edges, no multitouch)
Jamie Earp
adam dubuque
2017-03-30 11:23:33 UTC
I am dual booting with windows so I will turn off fast boot and see how that goes. I used alsa mixer and went into speaker which was at 17 I turned it to 30 and the sound is perfect now. The Bluetooth does connect to my phone but not really sure what it does. I don't really care, my sound works and if I can fix the booting issue I'll be great. Also I went into developer to root you have to reset app permissions or something I'll report back about that and turning off fast boot.
My touchscreen does work perfectly, my auto rotate works, my wifi is screwy (says not connected to Internet a lot), but mostly works. I'm going to see what I can do to fix the issues. I can't compile kernals but I can repair issues when their done. I'll keep posting
Jose Luis s
2017-03-30 13:43:48 UTC
Hello.
good news that finally we're close to have a almost out of the box
android-x86 for our tablets, probably we'll never getthere but we are
close. So far I get to have a semi-working cm13 (thanks youling for your
help), only have issues now with my touchscreen (silead), With Youling set
of patches we can get the same results as with 4.11-rcx. In my case when
silead issues with newer kernels were solved probably we have a working
kernel for baytrails (some scripts will be needed), anyway not sure if you
get working things like volume rocker buttons, do you?

Jamie, thanks for sharing.
BTW you are using the linuxium kernel and you only activated the android
options in config, do you?
adam dubuque
2017-03-30 13:50:37 UTC
Oh yea volume rocker buttons do work holding power and release gives power options.

Does anyone know how to add gapps to this?....
adam dubuque
2017-03-30 14:25:11 UTC
I'm sorry to say turning off fast boot didn't fix my boot freeze dilemma. It seems like my wifi will crash and it will no longer connect to Internet then after that when I reboot it will no longer boot past the cyan alien
adam dubuque
2017-03-30 14:58:57 UTC
After further testing I think it might be the live wallpaper that is freezing bootup.
I have a sort of fix for my wifi issue.
I went into developer and turned on more boot up optionsnow when the wifi won't work I can soft reboot and it fixes it
adam dubuque
2017-03-30 15:15:03 UTC
Nope not the live wallpaper I just tried a wifi fix app no live wallpaper and it rebooted when I clicked fix then I got stuck in boot again I am starting to think wifi and booting issue are linked.
Also I noticed in the build prop or was it init.is can't remember but the wifi channel didn't have anything next to it, it was blank
adam dubuque
2017-03-30 21:29:24 UTC
ok WOW! So I went from not having sound to having sound and now not booting after the second bootup.....
Now what???
Jamie Earp
2017-03-30 15:36:46 UTC
theres a reason the wifi driver is in the staging folder, its buggy theres
a long way to go for this to be considered stable.

my kernel source is here:
https://github.com/onejay09/kernel

device tree:
https://github.com/onejay09/device-generic-x86
Jose Luis s
2017-04-20 10:21:28 UTC
Hi Jamie.

Did you applied the ta100 dsdt.hex file in the kernel? is this the reason
why is the volume rocker working in your iso? I guess that the patching in
this dsdt file is more or less standard for more devices.

Thanks
Jamie Earp
2017-04-20 10:26:24 UTC
Initially i was using a dsdr.hex in an attempt to fix bluetooth as my dsdt
had 2 dt devices so i removed and compiled with kernel, but i removed it
after realising that it made no difference once bt was working,
Volume rockers working is probably because of the irq fix? Maybe or acpi
changes in the kernel as it used to fail to read acpi correctly,
If i was you i would wait untill the kernel get some much needed updates
regarding baytrail
Ill come back to the project in a few months to see whats new regarding
fixes for baytrail
adam dubuque
2017-05-04 20:04:46 UTC
From what I can see these are some major breakthroughs for baytrail users. I really wish some more people would team up and get a github.com thread running and the androidx86 programmers would use these finds and impliment them into the new kernels and releases. There is so much potential here, it's just been years since anyone actually found the fix everyone involved probably gave up hope. If word got out, this could be huge. Like I said this is a breakthrough that no one until now has even had any success
DDS Central
2017-05-05 03:18:58 UTC
Where can I find Linuxium kernel patches ?
Post by adam dubuque
From what I can see these are some major breakthroughs for baytrail users.
I really wish some more people would team up and get a github.com thread
running and the androidx86 programmers would use these finds and impliment
them into the new kernels and releases. There is so much potential here,
it's just been years since anyone actually found the fix everyone involved
probably gave up hope. If word got out, this could be huge. Like I said
this is a breakthrough that no one until now has even had any success
Jose Luis s
2017-05-05 14:27:09 UTC
Linuxium patches, are more or less unnecessary now, only add support to
wifi/BT in stagging, (sound is supported in kernel 4,11 rcx in most tablets
with Baytrail/cherrytrail) only add .state files and some files to have BT
support and so. kernel is impoving a lot to have support to
Baytrail/Cherrytrail, also there is more patches from other sources to have
suspend and brightness support. In my case the issue is silead driver not
working in 4.11 kernels.

I'm curious if Mauro Rossi has new isos with kernel 4.11 (final) with these
improvments, as he has this new kernel in his repo.
Post by DDS Central
Where can I find Linuxium kernel patches ?
Post by adam dubuque
From what I can see these are some major breakthroughs for baytrail
users. I really wish some more people would team up and get a github.com
Jon West
Jon West
youling 257
2017-05-05 16:48:20 UTC
other sources is https://github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi/commits/master
His work was a shock .
the mainline kernel no surprise .
if your builld no anyting asound.state bay trail / Cherry trail won't have
sound .
https://github.com/plbossart/UCM ucm files for pluseaudio 4.0 .
4.8 up kernel Bluetooth work on marshmallow not work on nougat4.4 kernel
nougat Bluetooth work . the problem is nougat .

圚 2017幎5月5日星期五 UTC+8䞋午11:37:13Jon West写道
Post by DDS Central
Where can I find Linuxium kernel patches ?
From what I can see these are some major breakthroughs for baytrail
DDS Central
Jamie Earp
2017-05-05 17:02:44 UTC
Took me 20 seconds to find this

https://github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi/commit/8c9cec6ac31aeb7d94abf785caf30e7ca20a67de
DDS Central
2017-05-05 17:04:16 UTC
Thanks, will test.
youling 257
2017-05-05 17:06:48 UTC
you think too simple .

圚 2017幎5月6日星期六 UTC+8䞊午1:03:02Jamie Earp写道
Jamie Earp
2017-05-05 17:04:14 UTC
It took me 20 seconds to find this...

https://github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi/commit/8c9cec6ac31aeb7d94abf785caf30e7ca20a67de
Jamie Earp
2017-03-30 15:31:29 UTC
also youling do you think that
config XPOWER_PMIC_OPREGION
is neccesary as it doesnt seem to be in any defconfigs relating to baytrail
cr
Jamie Earp
2017-03-30 14:12:31 UTC
OpengApps is part of my build but its causing booting problems, so for now
its disabled
Root will work havto disable and re enable root in dev settings
Yea wifi is a bit screwy, i think its down to the framework

This work us on hold as for me everything works but sleep but my kernel is
here
https://github.com/onejay09/kernel/
for anyone that wants it
youling 257
2017-03-31 03:22:13 UTC
you have been “Merge remote-tracking branch 'hdmi/topic/v4.9-fixes' into
kernel-4.9”
https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/scm/git/kernel/commits/61e09d76293ca4eebc67d43076c139d6452a138d
include “ASoC: Intel: detect audio routing with CHAN package、ASoC: Intel:
bytct_rt5640: change default capture setting、ASoC: Intel: common: add ACPI
package extraction utility、clk: x86: Add Atom PMC platform clocks”......
that have been fix bay trail sound on kernel just need perfect
/system/etc/alsa/bytcrrt5640.state
many tablets use in3 map for internal mic
.https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9501727/

圚 2017幎3月31日星期五 UTC+8䞊午10:17:03Chih-Wei Huang写道
Post by Jamie Earp
here
https://github.com/onejay09/kernel/
for anyone that wants it
Could you work out a cleaner patches set
to submit?
Thank you for the effort.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
Jamie Earp
2017-03-31 08:16:13 UTC
my kernel is forked from
https://github.com/Asus-T100/kernel
and a few baytrail specific patches ahead of theirs
however i dont know where they got it sorry

i have 3 baytrail tablets 3 revisions of the same model, 2 are baytrail-CR
and they have black screen on kms, even after the dpounit clockgating patch
im thinking theres an issure with acpi maybe

i agree moving the kernel upstream will be beneficial for baytrail devices.
rather than cherry picking

Post by youling 257
package extraction utility、clk: x86: Add Atom PMC platform clocks”......
that have been fix bay trail sound on kernel just need perfect
/system/etc/alsa/bytcrrt5640.state
Fine. Indeed I don't have any sound issue on my
cherrytrail (Surface 3, yes I added bytcrrt5640.state)
and baytrail tablets (T100).
But I didn't hear any positive report from others yet.
Jamie Earp, could you confirm the kernel-4.9 branch
work for you?
Jamie Earp
2017-03-31 10:32:42 UTC
Ill try it tonight and get back to you
adam dubuque
2017-03-31 11:24:42 UTC
I believe that my reboot issue if grom using the reboot/power off options. I think as long as I power down by holding the power button, it works. I will confirm and report back.
I am extremely happy and great full for your amazing success. Thank you
I really hope you continue your efforts and make baytrail a part of android x86
adam dubuque
2017-03-31 11:54:49 UTC
ok confirmed, as long as i shut down holding power i do not have the reboot freeze issue.
Im also thinking the wifi issue only happens when using the pull down options it apears that as long as i use options in settings it wont screw up and only have connect no internet. i will continue to test it and report back.
I have to turn the sound up in alsa mixer every reboot (im fine with this and very happy, its not haard to do) just wondring if anyone knows a setting that I can make it perminant?
youling 257
2017-03-31 03:56:19 UTC
pwm lpss backlight control
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B_uxdqSfzNGwTjF2M2w2VDBzb0k
https://plus.google.com/116937366969544577777/posts/fc7y2oAirh5
but need DSDT patchcompile into dsdt.hex .
I have been make pwm lpss control working on 4.8、4.9 many months ago . the
4.11 rc kernel also can make it work also need dsdt.hex
I only tried 4.10 twicenot care 4.104.11 merge axp288 patchs by Hans de
Goede .
Jamie Earp
2017-03-31 08:24:50 UTC
I dont need a dsdt patch for my backlight, shobit's patches on pwm lpss
work without issues
you mean ossl in the dsdt.
youling 257
2017-03-30 14:46:04 UTC
we are known the volume patch
. LKP-x86-platform-acpi-7486341a98f-genirq-Flags-mismatch-irq-8.-00000080-mmc0-vs.-00000000-rtc0.patch

http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/2017/01/bleeding-edge-ubuntu-4100-57-kernel.html?showComment=1489616068990#c3022601430707408190

buthere has a new
patchhttps://github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi/commit/556673a6b122b16e57b4fcbb607e120de3f71f90

圚 2017幎3月30日星期四 UTC+8䞋午9:43:48Jose Luis s写道
Jamie Earp
youling 257
2017-03-31 03:39:23 UTC
rtc: cmos: Do not assume irq 8 for rtc when there are no legacy irqs
Signed-off-by: Hans de Goede

may be merge into upstream 4.12 kernelso may be 4.12 kernel is OOTB for
bay trail-CR volume key .

cwhuang have been add
“LKP-x86-platform-acpi-7486341a98f-genirq-Flags-mismatch-irq-8.-00000080-mmc0-vs.-00000000-rtc0.patch”
to 4.9 kernel .
https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/scm/git/kernel/blobs/kernel-4.9/arch/x86/kernel/acpi/boot.c
https://github.com/BlissRoms-x86/kernel_common/commits/kernel-4.9/arch/x86/kernel/acpi/boot.c

I don't know xpower_pmic

圚 2017幎3月31日星期五 UTC+8䞊午9:40:47Jamie Earp写道
youling 257
2017-03-30 14:55:36 UTC
if add Android basic patch drm: disable permission check usbnet: [TEMP
HACK] force the interface name to ethX  mwifiex: change interface name to
wlanX android: support 32-bit binder in 64-bit kernel x86/vdso: fix a
build break on CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER=y  shmem: enable user xattr for
tmpfs SSSE3 emulation for invalid opcode 

Jamie Earp “ive tried linuxium kernel on androidx86 it worked but ran slow”
especially drm disable checklinuxium kernel in Android x86 will not
slowsupport Hardware Accelerationlinuxium kernel and mesa 17.10 running
on Android x86 .

Jose Luis s
2017-03-31 12:32:40 UTC
Hi again.

In my case the results are not so good. Sound working YES..... volume
rocker working YES (a step forward), power button works partially, 1 touch
brings power menu but does not switch off the screen, touchscreen does NOT
work at all (as expected, silead in a 4.9 kernel in baytrail), dimming not
workinig at all, and battery indicator not working, and YES BT is working
properly.

similar result (but bT) with the latest maurossi 4.10 isos.

Thanks a lot anyway.
adam dubuque
2017-03-31 13:02:51 UTC
I'm great everything is fairly usable. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to continue to help with this.
Jamie earp you should open a new thread letting baytrail owners know what you've done for us. If you do please link it here or let me know I will subscribe. If your too busy let me know and I can start one linking to this thread for the download if you'd like.Thank you again....
By the way which baytrail tablets do you have?

@jose Luis S which baytrail unit are you using?
Jamie Earp
2017-03-31 13:28:22 UTC
Well the screen will not turn off and the device wont sleep as baytrail power managment ic (pmic) is not very sell implemented yet, it needs more work,

Im not finished developing for baytrail and ill be here untill it is fully working

To note:
silead touch is a known issue with 4.9 kernel 1 of my tabs has mssl1680 so work ill look into it soon.

Button issues are last on my list as devices are all different and dependant on manufacturers.

Rotate issues can be messed with in /etc/init.sh the script grabs the dmi model number and applies rotation settings based on device model.

Sleep wont work untill intel pull their finger out of their A£@? This is related to why screen wont turn off, (pmic) also baytrail hasnt got s3 state.

Adam glad youve figured out the niggles, its where in upto for now, when i progress you will all know, maybe ill start a thread at xda
My username is onejay09
Ill keep you all posted
adam dubuque
2017-03-31 13:34:05 UTC
Awesome! Yea XDA would be great I'm adambomb_13 over there
I can confirm my WiFi is working perfect as long as I use settings to apply it
If I use the pull down quick settings it will screw it up but I can soft reboot to fix it if that happens and the soft reboot doesn't affect booting like reboot or power off does.
Jamie Earp
2017-03-31 13:40:07 UTC
Ok great ill sort it out tonight
youling 257

Jose Luis s
2017-03-31 17:02:04 UTC
Hi youling.

My dmesg with the 4.8.17 you helped me to build:

<6>[ 208.585397] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk IN3_MAP enabled
<6>[ 208.585854] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk SSP0_AIF1 enabled
<6>[ 208.586351] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk MCLK_EN enabled
<6>[ 208.759153] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: snd-soc-dummy-dai <->
media-cpu-dai mapping ok
<6>[ 208.759980] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: snd-soc-dummy-dai <->
deepbuffer-cpu-dai mapping ok
<6>[ 208.760709] compress asoc: snd-soc-dummy-dai <-> compress-cpu-dai
mapping ok
<6>[ 208.787958] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: rt5640-aif1 <-> ssp0-port
mapping ok

And Maurossi isos, with 4.10 in the same tablet (out of the box):

bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: BIOS Routing: AIF1 connected
<6>[ 29.869175] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk IN1_MAP enabled
<6>[ 29.877354] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk DIFF_MIC enabled
<6>[ 29.885432] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk SSP0_AIF1 enabled
<6>[ 29.893397] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk MCLK_EN enabled
<3>[ 29.901281] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: Failed to get MCLK from
pmc_plt_clk_3: -2
<6>[ 29.933444] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: snd-soc-dummy-dai <->
media-cpu-dai mapping ok
<6>[ 29.946721] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: snd-soc-dummy-dai <->
deepbuffer-cpu-dai mapping ok
<6>[ 29.955536] compress asoc: snd-soc-dummy-dai <-> compress-cpu-dai
mapping ok
<6>[ 29.967007] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: rt5640-aif1 <-> ssp0-port
mapping ok
youling 257
2017-03-31 18:01:35 UTC
you use 4.10Failed to get MCLK from pmc_plt_clk_3: -2 and in1_map
upstream 4.10 missed some patch . 4.10 isn't OOTB .
upstream 4.11OOTB for soundmy Insyde tablet no longer need patch for
sound .
your chuwi tablet is Insyde ?

https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail/tree/byt-l-2015_android-5.1.1_r16-ia0
https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail/tree/jide_chuwi_vi10_plus_r51

圚 2017幎4月1日星期六 UTC+8䞊午1:02:04Jose Luis s写道
Hi youling.
Jose Luis s
2017-03-31 18:27:24 UTC
Ok.

Yes my Chuwi tablets are all Insyde.

I've just tested Maurossi isos with 4.11-rc2 and yes sound working as well.
Post by youling 257
you use 4.10Failed to get MCLK from pmc_plt_clk_3: -2 and in1_map
upstream 4.10 missed some patch . 4.10 isn't OOTB .
upstream 4.11OOTB for soundmy Insyde tablet no longer need patch for
sound .
your chuwi tablet is Insyde ?
https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail/tree/byt-l-2015_android-5.1.1_r16-ia0
https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail/tree/jide_chuwi_vi10_plus_r51
圚 2017幎4月1日星期六 UTC+8䞊午1:02:04Jose Luis s写道
Hi youling.
youling 257
2017-03-31 18:34:41 UTC
use this bytcrrt5640.state for Insyde deviceYou will be pleasantly
surprised .

圚 2017幎4月1日星期六 UTC+8䞊午2:27:25Jose Luis s写道
Jose Luis s
Jamie Earp
2017-03-31 13:36:58 UTC
When silead is working in the 4.9 kernel
If your familiar with linux id sudgest you goto
Www.Github.com/Onitake
And make your own android firmware for the silead touchscreen
All info is on his github
Jose Luis s
2017-03-31 13:47:36 UTC
Hello Jamie.

Sure, Silead has a known issue with newer kernels (even 4.11rc2 tested in
my case) and seem to involve some other changes from my understanding
(Youling has reported many times the patchwork threads related). I've made
my firmware following onitake directions some weeks ago, but it's ACPI
driver does not work also. I get silead,ko driver working till 4.8.17 (as
Youling reported).

In Maurossi 4.11 rc2 isos I found power button 1 touch switch off the
screen (well not really true because led backlight is still on but black
screen) and 1 large touch brings out the power menu (maybe 4.11 rc2
improvement, don't know) also battery is reported properly.
Instead BT does not work (is a simple patch)

For me 4.11 rc2 is almost perfect but Silead Support.

Thanks
youling 257
2017-03-31 14:06:20 UTC
do you
know https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/C9L-VFZrgEo/XazU4t1gDgAJ
poweroff.doubleclick=1 ?

i more care suspend to ram suspend not working on bay
trail-CRhttps://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/5t8xfy11_T8/eSGk412pbDoJ

圚 2017幎3月31日星期五 UTC+8䞋午9:28:22Jamie Earp写道
Jose Luis s
2017-03-31 15:30:08 UTC
Thanks Youling I was not aware...., anyway double click is not the same as
Long press, with linuxium isos I get power menu with long press..... I'll
review build.prop in both....

I agree is more important the STR issue, but Android is not meant for STR
isn't it? I'd love to have STR in android. Suspend in Android is not the
same a STR. AFAIK.
youling 257
2017-03-31 15:49:48 UTC
what are your dual os Android ia 4.4.4 Standby time ?
when Standbywhat Battery consumption ? battery can use many days .
Android x86 early suspendnot working on bay trail-CR (z3735f、z3735G) .
cwhuang t100 support early suspendthe battery on Android-x86 can use how
many days ?

圚 2017幎3月31日星期五 UTC+8䞋午11:30:09Jose Luis s写道
Jose Luis s
2017-03-31 17:07:45 UTC
Sure in Android-ia 4.4.4, on Standby, my tablets stands for days, but this
is exactly not in STR mode, or at least that was my thought.

Is Early Suspend = STR?
Jamie Earp
Jose Luis s
Jose Luis s
2017-04-13 19:13:09 UTC
Hi.
I've been testing BT more deeply and found some issues with the BT manager
app. it randomly crashes when some pairing process. Most pairing with BT
headsets,with or wihout handsfree profile. Some progress here?

B.R
Jon West
2017-04-14 00:39:19 UTC
Try also adding Tag to the list of include programs to build with if you haven't already.
Dan Mirescu
2017-03-29 18:47:37 UTC
I too tested the build posted by Jamie Earp on a Baytrail tablet:
- wifi working, albeit a bit slower than its general performance on Windows
- no battery status report
- touchscreen not working at all (out of the box, at least)
- volume keys working
- built in speaker works, but sound is low at high volume
- no screen dimming
- headphone jack not working
- the power button displays the "power off / restart / airplane mode" menu, which is nice but I'm still hoping for the ability to put / take out the tablet into/from standby when pressing the button.
- screen auto rotates, but it's off by 90 degrees in most cases (portrait tablet -> landscape display and vice versa)
- another nice thing to have would be to automatically turn the display off when the tablet cover is closed (based on magnetic detection)
I think this thing works when using Windows 10 (I hope I'm not mistaken) so it's theoretically possible
- bluetooth: discovers devices but crashes when trying to connect headphones. The headphones detect the connection then they immediately lose it.
Jamie Earp
2017-03-29 20:06:29 UTC
headset detection isnt working yet, although you can switch manually to
headphones, ill add the script in the next build for you.
im currently looking into the sound issue as it is quiet for me too
setting volume on boot doesnt work unless you run
alsa_amixer -c0 sset 'Speaker' 30
that fixes the volume.
bt im not sure why it crashes for you as its fine here,
also i dont have boot issues maybe you did something?

if its stuck then did you install g-apps
bluetooth works perfect for me,
youling 257
2017-03-30 03:24:34 UTC
https://github.com/zefie/nxt_and_x86/tree/x86/files/6/system/etc/alsa
script 11 months ago .

I used my perfect bytcrrt5640.state six monthsdefault enable internal
mic、speaker、headphone、headphone mic . when i Plug in headphones the
speaker will not closeso i
use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skvalex.alsamixer
this app close speaker .

you must understand my bytcrrt5640.state .

I use in3_map .

/ # dmesg | grep 5640
[ 13.874534] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk IN3_MAP enabled
[ 13.895925] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk SSP0_AIF1 enabled
[ 13.907291] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: quirk MCLK_EN enabled
[ 13.928228] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: snd-soc-dummy-dai <->
media-cpu-dai mapping ok
[ 13.939304] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: snd-soc-dummy-dai <->
deepbuffer-cpu-dai mapping ok
[ 13.956105] bytcr_rt5640 bytcr_rt5640: rt5640-aif1 <-> ssp0-port mapping
ok

圚 2017幎3月30日星期四 UTC+8䞊午10:37:53Jamie Earp写道
youling 257
2017-03-30 03:39:41 UTC
I think you can understand what my said .
圚 2016幎11月21日星期䞀 UTC+8䞋午9:49:46youling 257写道
Android x86 isn't support /usr/share/alsa/ucm HiFibut support stateuse
state /system/etc/alsa/bytcrrt5640.stateneedn't HiFi .
on Ubuntusetting sound use speaker and Internal Mic alsactl store
bytcrrt5640 -f speakersetting sound use headset and headset micalsactl
store bytcrrt5640 -f headset  copy speaker and headset two files to
Android x86alsa_ctl restore -f /sdcard/speaker alsa_ctl restore -f
/sdcard/headsetSwitching headphones and speakers on Android x86.
/system/etc/alsa/bytcrrt5640.state is speaker or headset file .
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/J8pUu35VN5g/QYEEpM2cDwAJ I
think you can understand my state files .

youling 257
2017-03-30 03:56:22 UTC
I think you known the sound problem Android x86 4.4 kernel
z3770/z3740when Plug in headphones headphone workbut speaker not auto
closeso they are used alsamixer(root) app close speakerthe reason is
bytrt5640.state for 4.4 kernel .

i use my bytcrrt5640.stateTo achieve the same effect plug in headset
headset workspeaker not auto close . and Recording no noise .

adam dubuque
2017-03-31 13:16:09 UTC
I tried the alsa_amixer command in terminal but it came back "'Speaker'" unknown command
I'm using the alsamixer.apk app perhaps it might be why not sure....
I used the su command before trying also
youling 257
2017-03-31 14:11:32 UTC
say to adam dubuque and Jose Luis syou are can't understand what is
perfect for sound . yours get speaker working moodas same as my mood
at September 2016 .
youling 257
2017-03-31 14:26:03 UTC
这些䞪小癜瞎激劚䞪卵https://github.com/plbossart/UCM/issues/1#issuecomment-245305819
https://github.com/plbossart/UCM/issues/1#issuecomment-245316044 my mood
at September 2016 .

https://github.com/burzumishi/linux-baytrail-flexx10/issues/7#issuecomment-261539516
盎到2016幎11月18号我才知道什么是完矎。
until November 18, 2016I known what is perfect
Andy
2017-04-03 15:29:49 UTC
I've just downloaded and tried Jamie Earp's cm iso on my Acer Switch 10.

- Sound is working (low volume but it doesn't matter)
- WiFi is working (I just need to manually connect my AP)
- Screen rotation is NOT working (no sensors detected, apart the useless
light sensor)
- Some games work (e.g. Clash Royale, Minecraft PE) many others don't
- Video decoding is working with sound, at least those on Youtube accessed
by Firefox

Anyway something strange has happened since many apps that worked at a
first attempt
after some minutes refuse to start or produce a black screen.
The system becomes slower and a cold reboot is needed.

I'm looking for a solution to install OpenGapps (if any) and I'm looking
forward to trying
also Maurossi's iso (where can I find it?).

TIA,
Andy
Dan Mirescu
2017-04-05 09:05:58 UTC