How to customize linux kernel from kernel.org to android-x86 kernel or can download kernel only from repo sync
supriady
2014-03-17 11:50:35 UTC
Actually I still got android-x86 2.2.1 source codes.
I want to change it with new kernel from kernel.org.
Or I can download kernel only from android-x86 4.2/4.3/4.4.
I kept android-x86 2.2.1 source codes bcause I can use wired ethernet.
I didn't have wifi driver and Intel gma 500 driver using android-x86
2.2.1 kernel.
Any suggestion to customize standard kernel from kernel.org to
Android-x86 kernel?
Thanks...:)
Ron M
2014-03-17 12:02:43 UTC
You should be fine by taking vanilla kernel and just enabling everything in
staging area which says Android (except for the goldfish ones which are a
disgrace and absolutely not working. They are not for real hardware anyway)
and the relevant configs for your hw.
You'll probably also need fuse support.

Ethernet is basically supported in KitKat .

Given your upgrade I would use the current Android-x86.org kernel, as it
should be recent enough (I think its 3.10).

-Ron Munitz
ady2014
2014-03-17 12:51:04 UTC
Sorry,Where can I download Vanilla kernel ?I can't see any wired ethernet
on Kitkat-x86 (just wifi and bluetooth from GUI screen) and can't use
widget on kitkat-x86.
ady2014
2014-03-17 15:47:59 UTC
Finally I got a link for download android-x86 generic kernel below here:
android.googlesource.com/kernel/common.git
Thanks for your information.
ady2014
2014-03-18 11:23:03 UTC
I have downloaded android kernel 3.10 and extracted to kernel directory on
froyo-x86.
And I got this error below here:
host C: acp <= build/tools/acp/acp.c
host C++: libhost <= build/libs/host/pseudolocalize.cpp
host C: libhost <= build/libs/host/CopyFile.c
host StaticLib: libhost
(out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/libhost.a)
echo
out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/pseudolocalize.o
out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/CopyFile.o |
xargs ar crsP
out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libhost_intermediates/libhost.a
host Executable: acp
(out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/acp_intermediates/acp)
true
Install: out/host/linux-x86/bin/acp
make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/andro/kernel'
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
GEN /mnt/andro/out/target/product/eeepc/obj/kernel/Makefile
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `loose_nonint_oldconfig'. Stop.
make[2]: *** [loose_nonint_oldconfig] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/andro/kernel'
make: *** [out/target/product/eeepc/kernel] Error 2

Any suggestion to this error?
ady2014
2014-03-19 08:39:01 UTC
anyone can help me to solve android x86 generic kernel?maybe someone in this project can help me. thanks
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-03-19 09:09:42 UTC
You are building froyo-x86 with kernel android-3.10 branch?

Try change loose_nonint_oldconfig to oldnoconfig
Post by ady2014
anyone can help me to solve android x86 generic kernel?maybe someone in this project can help me. thanks
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
supriady
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-03-19 09:46:28 UTC
Post by supriady
Where can i find that file?i used 2.6.39 and had same problem.
I don't have froyo-x86 in hand now.
I think it's build/core/kernel.mk
supriady
2014-03-19 12:47:38 UTC
I have changed to oldconfig (android-x86 kernel 2.6.39) and got this
error below here after create i386_defconfig and eeepc_defconfig,etc :

make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/andro/kernel'
GEN /mnt/andro/out/target/product/eeepc/obj/kernel/Makefile
SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:206:24: error: zconf.hash.c: No such file
or directory
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c: In function 'zconfparse':
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:1648: error: 'kconf_id_strings' undeclared
(first use in this function)
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:1648: error: (Each undeclared identifier
is reported only once
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:1648: error: for each function it appears in.)
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:1756: warning: implicit declaration of
function 'kconf_id_lookup'
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:1756: warning: initialization makes
pointer from integer without a cast
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c: In function 'zconf_endtoken':
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:2307: error: 'kconf_id_strings' undeclared
(first use in this function)
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:2499:23: error: lex.zconf.c: No such file
or directory
In file included from scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:2501:
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c: In function
'conf_get_default_confname':
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:107: error: 'PATH_MAX'
undeclared (first use in this function)
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:107: warning: unused
variable 'fullname'
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c: In function 'conf_write':
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:562: error: 'PATH_MAX'
undeclared (first use in this function)
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:562: warning: unused
variable 'newname'
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:562: warning: unused
variable 'tmpname'
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:562: warning: unused
variable 'dirname'
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c: In function 'conf_split_config':
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:672: error: 'PATH_MAX'
undeclared (first use in this function)
/mnt/andro/kernel/scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:672: warning: unused
variable 'path'
make[3]: *** [scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [oldconfig] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/andro/kernel'
make: *** [out/target/product/eeepc/kernel] Error 2

I didnt try android-x86 kernel 3.10 yet.
Thanks
fuzzy7k
2014-03-19 13:52:36 UTC
It's been my experience that any error in
out/target/product/eeepc/obj/kernel is caused by a dirty tree.
Try rm -rf out/target/product/eeepc/obj/kernel

I like your intentions, as I too have a device with the gma500 chip, but
there have been a lot of changes since froyo. I would definitely try to
stick with kernels that CW has already spent the time patching (i.e. the
branches that are already in the kernel repo). Also as you have probably
already noticed, the buid/core/kernel.mk was moved to kernel/Android.mk, so
you will need to do some makefile alterations. Finally keep in mind that
some of the Android specific patches to the kernel have been mainlined, and
may have been changed along the way to appease kernel maintainers. That
leaves the door open for kernel/userspace incompatibilities.
http://elinux.org/Android_Mainlining_Project
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
Post by supriady
Where can i find that file?i used 2.6.39 and had same problem.
I don't have froyo-x86 in hand now.
I think it's build/core/kernel.mk
an
Post by Chih-Wei Huang
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86.
ady2014
2014-03-19 14:08:17 UTC
thanks.its working now after deleted /out/.../kernel.
supriady
2014-03-19 14:29:17 UTC
I got new errors below here :

CC drivers/base/power/main.o
/mnt/andro/kernel/drivers/base/power/main.c: In function 'device_resume':
/mnt/andro/kernel/drivers/base/power/main.c:521: error: 'struct
dev_pm_info' has no member named 'in_suspend'
/mnt/andro/kernel/drivers/base/power/main.c: In function '__device_suspend':
/mnt/andro/kernel/drivers/base/power/main.c:932: warning: label 'End'
defined but not used
make[5]: *** [drivers/base/power/main.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [drivers/base/power] Error 2
make[3]: *** [drivers/base] Error 2
make[2]: *** [drivers] Error 2
ady2014
2014-03-19 15:45:34 UTC
i have removed any power suspend config on kernel.its working again.
ady2014
2014-03-19 23:30:55 UTC
finaly i can build froyo x86 with kernel 2.6.39 iso file.before that i got a error in /kernel/driver/rtc /alarm.c.and i edited Kconfig and removed android alarm part and worked.
supriady
2014-03-20 03:17:09 UTC
I can boot on intel gma 500 and moved mouse pointer when i clicked
mouse button.it didnt work.so i cant unlock screen.kernel 2.6.39
failed on froyo x86.i will try kernel 3.10
supriady
supriady
2014-03-20 09:15:45 UTC
Ican build froyo x86 with kernel 3.10 after boot up blank screen in
normal mode and vesa mode.hopeless to upgraded froyo x86 kernel.kernel
3.10 is getting worst.
fuzzy7k
2014-03-20 16:31:55 UTC
Probably be easier to disable lock screen. Should be able to do it in
supriady
2014-03-20 19:56:13 UTC
What did you mean setting overlay?i didnt know how to do it.i cant pop
up menu without click mouse button.it didnt work without using mouse
button..i have tried kernel 3.4 and got same problem.mouse button
wasnt function .
Post by fuzzy7k
Post by supriady
Who.can help me to fix mouse problem on kernel 2.6.39?thanks
Probably be easier to disable lock screen. Should be able to do it in
settings overlay.
supriady
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-03-21 02:15:33 UTC
Post by supriady
Anyone have a patch to make mouse button working on kernel 2.6.39 and
3.4.so i can solve mouse button problem.
What do you hope to get exactly?
If you want to invoke menu by middle buttton,
it's unrelated to the kernel.
You need to patch the android framework
to achieve that.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
ady2014
2014-03-21 05:25:36 UTC
I hope someone can fix mouse button and working with kernel 2.6.39 and 3.4
Can you send me a patch for kernel 2.6.39 and 3.4 thru email ?
So I can apply it on frameworks.
Thanks
ady2014
2014-03-21 05:27:41 UTC
My problem is not only middle button but 3 buttons of mouse.
Please give me a patch and show me a step by step to patch android framework.
Thanks
supriady
fuzzy7k
2014-03-21 14:34:45 UTC
My mistake. I was thinking you meant you couldn't click & drag. The overlay
I was referring to is under the device folder in the build tree. It lets
you change default settings at build time.

Does your device have a mouse touchpad, like a synaptics. With the
synaptics extension turned on in the kernel, Android would see it as a
touchpad and the mouse patch would not get used for that device. Click
accuracy was a bit limited, because you could never see where you were
clicking, but scrolling was nice.

I actually wish I could do that in kitkat with the spots touch.gestureMode,
but spots is only available for pointer devices, not touchpad devices. And,
it seems like kitkat no longer looks for an idc for mouse/touchpad devices.
At least that's what I gathered from the logcat. But I'm off on a tangent,
good luck.
Supriady
2014-03-21 05:37:32 UTC
My suggestion : put download patch link in android-x86 website. Android-x86 users can apply that patch when they used android-x86 generic for kernel 2.6.39 and 3.4. Maybe you can solve power suspend problem and android alarm on kernel 2.6.39.
Thanks
Supriady
ady2014
2014-03-24 05:22:54 UTC
Please help me to patch it and solve mouse button problem on Kernel 2.6.39 and 3.4.
Thanks....:)
ady2014
2014-03-25 05:28:34 UTC
Any Android-x86 developer/expert in this project can help me to patch mouse button problem using android generic kernel 3.4?