boot stuck at "detecting android x86 .........(keeps printing dots)" after install.
thebestofall007
2018-11-01 02:17:00 UTC
Hello all, I am having a problem with an android x86 install hanging at
boot with the text "detecting android x86 .........(keeps printing dots
indefinitely)" unless I insert the installation USB while the system is
booting. I boot with the debug option and it says "VFS: could not find a
valid v7 on sda2" I have the android install on /dev/sda2, as I would like
to dual boot with Linux Mint (tried using the rpm, no go).

Here's what I have tried to remedy this:

Installing on a separate hard drive.
Using a CD instead of a USB to install, but the same issue still shows up,
and the CD isn't even detected (no /dev/sr0).
Using a different ISO.

Does anyone else have this problem?
thebestofall007
2018-11-01 22:47:09 UTC
Post by thebestofall007
Hello all, I am having a problem with an android x86 install hanging at
boot with the text "detecting android x86 .........(keeps printing dots
indefinitely)" unless I insert the installation USB while the system is
booting. I boot with the debug option and it says "VFS: could not find a
valid v7 on sda2" I have the android install on /dev/sda2, as I would like
to dual boot with Linux Mint (tried using the rpm, no go).
Installing on a separate hard drive.
Using a CD instead of a USB to install, but the same issue still shows up,
and the CD isn't even detected (no /dev/sr0).
Using a different ISO.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Is the bootloader not reading the proper directory where android x86 is
installed?