Modify OpenGL to work on other GPU's
Uno
2015-12-15 19:09:34 UTC
Hi,
"The plan to enable GLES hardware acceleration for unsupported GPUs"
"Nouveau *experiments* with Android-x86"
"Enabling radeonsi on Android-x86 lollipop"
"OpenGL emulation layer - Update"
Intel chipsets: Ok, currently needing a patch to avoid hazi font problems on mesa >= 10.5
Nouveau: Working for NV50, NVC0 families with most common apps and games, with some OpenGL apps GPU lockup happens (Maxwell family still to be tested)
Radeon: (R600 famility) Ok
Radeonsi: (GCN family) Working with basic GUI, OpenGL apps are causing GUI restart, LLVM project is required and the restart is related to initialization of LLVM for GCN
AMDGPU: to be developed
Virtualbox: need tests
VMware: Non supported yet
VirGL3D: Non supported yet
M.
PS: What is your GPU?
Hi, Mauro
Virtualbox: need tests
How can I help to test GLES on Virtualbox?
Ye Roger
Mauro Rossi
2016-01-07 18:37:53 UTC
Virtualbox: need tests
VMware: Non supported yet
Sorry, what I wrote was not correct, they were switched and also not precise

virtualbox with OpenGL ES acceleration is not yet supported, requires
developments,
currently android-x86 runs in VESA mode with AOSP software OpenGL renderer
also known as “*Pixel Flinger*”

vmware (vmwgfx) was supported in kitkat-x86 and requires some work to port
mesa 11.0 (or later) in marshmallow-x86

Mauro
Vel Asta
2016-01-07 18:59:49 UTC
Hello Mauro,

What would be the required work to port it to Lollipop for running on
vmware? Is QEMU supported?
Ye Roger

Ye Roger
2016-01-08 06:40:34 UTC
I agreed with you that there is no hope to support VirtualBox using
mesa/drm.
I know what you are talking about. That is not the direction that I want to
go. If you look at how Android Emulator uses GPU, it doesn't deal with the
real hardware directly. That is also the way how Genymotion and Andy works.
I am trying to find a way similar to that, but I don't want to change
VirtualBox itself too much.
Post by Ye Roger
idea about how to start and what should I look at? I am interested in
this
Post by Ye Roger
work.
There is no hope to support VirtualBox at this moment
since VirtualBox is even not a mesa/drm supported platform.
If you want OpenGLES on VM, the best hope is
the VMware which we have already supported in
the 4.4-r3 release, though it's buggy.
If you can fix the no mouse cursor issue,
it would be quite usable.
For QEMU, there is a plan to port Virgil3d project to android-x86.
https://virgil3d.github.io/
But it's just a plan. The most important part is
to implement the corresponding drm_gralloc hal.
Need some developers devote to carry it out.
For those who want to devote to the topic,
please read the Android graphic architecture first
https://source.android.com/devices/graphics/architecture.html
Then get our source and begin to read the code
of drm_gralloc, libdrm and mesa.
(don't even ask what or where they are -- if you ask,
I doubt you have the ability to do such difficult tasks)
If you still feel comfortable with these,
then we can discuss what the next to do.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project