ByPass Grub Menu and boot into terminal to launch an android APP without launching Desktop
jack zhang
2018-11-06 17:00:44 UTC
I'm using Android x86-6.0-r3, I want accomplish the following, can someone
tell me what files I need to change?

1. ByPass Grub Menu, don't show Grub Menu.

2. Boot directly into a terminal.

3. Launching an android APP.

4. Don't launch Desktop.
Tareq AL NOUNOU
2018-11-06 17:49:11 UTC
My understanding is that for android to draw an app on screen, you will
need SystemUI to launch.

As for launching an app at startup, you can replace the default android
launcher with your app so that android launches the app straight after boot
bypassing the default launcher.
jack zhang
2018-11-07 01:20:10 UTC
I modified the './bootable/newinstaller/boot/boot/grub/grub.cfg' so it only
has 1 entry.

But after I made the bootable cd with the newly created .iso file, after
android-x86 6.0-r3 is installed on the hard disk, the menu still shows 4
entries.

I tried to run the command *'**sudo update*-grub', but it is changing my
host PC's grub menu, not the android-x86's.

Please help!
Michael Goffioul
2018-11-07 01:53:25 UTC
Search for "timeout" in bootable/newinstaller/install/scripts/1-install and
set value to 0 (there are 2 instances). That should do the trick.
Note: The file you modified only controls the boot entries for the Live
system.