Testing android oreo rc2 32-bit and bluetooth still doesn't work.
thebestofall007
2018-11-17 03:38:04 UTC
Hello all. I was testing the oreo rc2 32-bit iso on a Panasonic Toughbook
cf-74 and everything works OK except for bluetooth, which keeps endlessly
displaying a "bluetooth keeps stopping" message after I attempt to turn it
on. Why could this be so? I have run the logcat and dmesg commands and
uploaded their output files in the attachments to help in the diagnosis (I
know how to run the commands and gather the info, but have no idea how to
read all that info).

Have any of you guys had this issue? I would love to get bluetooth working
eventually for oreo. I have run 32-bit nougat and marshmallow on this
machine with no problems.
poka
2018-11-19 08:47:38 UTC
Post by thebestofall007
Have any of you guys had this issue?
BT is broken on about 95% of Android ROM builds from numerous sources such
as Mauro/Androidx86/Bliss/Phoenix, most versions, across numerous
Intel-based devices. BT is hypercomplex, fragile,
design-by-corporate-committee bloat and there's an exponential explosion of
combinations of devices, bluetooth profiles, OS versions, proprietary
fence-drop driver firmware-blobs, very undescriptive error messages
bubbling up from deep within the stack, sometimes from the
relatively-unauditable blobs for which source-code is not public, and
there's only a few android x86 developers and mostly doing this out of a
labor of love as a volunteer effort. It's almost as bad on the desktop
Distros such as Arch/Ubuntu/Mint and i typically have to toggle things
on/off a couple times in BlueMan or the Gnome Control Center after a lid
close/open. saved sanity by purchasing a Panasonic Let's Note from with a
wired keyboard and a headphone plug and will probably never buy a
bluetooth-kbd folio-case tablet again for about 5-10 years until they
replace Bluetooth with something else entirely. good luck, you will need
it...
Guneet Atwal
thebestofall007
2018-11-20 00:35:54 UTC
Luckily I have had bluetooth working in the Marshmallow and Nougat builds
without a hitch, as well as with any other Linux distro I have run on this
machine. It's just Oreo that has given me the issues. But yes, I do see
what kind of mess Bluetooth is here. Luckily, this Panasonic was dirt
cheap, lasts a heck of a lot longer than most new laptops today. I also
have 2 other units that were freebies, but they are parts units now.
youling 257
2018-11-22 15:04:31 UTC
07-25 13:23:59.877 7575 7575 F DEBUG : ABI: 'x86'
07-25 13:23:59.877 7575 7575 F DEBUG : pid: 7532, tid: 7571, name: btu
message loo >>> com.android.bluetooth <<<
07-25 13:23:59.877 7575 7575 F DEBUG : signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6
(SI_TKILL), fault addr --------
07-25 13:23:59.878 7575 7575 F DEBUG : Abort message:
'[FATAL:hciblecmds.cc(399)] Check failed: param[0] == 0. LE Rand return
status must be zero
07-25 13:23:59.878 7575 7575 F DEBUG : '

system/bt/stack/hcic/hciblecmds.cc

void btsnd_hcic_ble_rand(base::Callback<void(BT_OCTET8)> cb) {
btu_hcif_send_cmd_with_cb(FROM_HERE, HCI_BLE_RAND, nullptr, 0,
base::Bind(
[](base::Callback<void(BT_OCTET8)> cb,
uint8_t* param, uint16_t param_len) {
CHECK(param[0] == 0)