New Forum for X86, Maybe?
mike r
2014-09-12 19:55:08 UTC
Hey all,

Been working the last 2 Days pretty much straight trying to setup a forum
for AndroidX86.org, I'm in a testing phase and need some folks to come in
mess around check that Registration Verify works Throw out some posts,
Pretty much test stuff....

If Chih-Wei Huang Agrees, When I get Some Decent Forum Links setup, Some
Mods\Devs.... Then Present it to him, I'm doing this as kinda my donation
to X86 as I'm poor but have plenty of time to Maybe help get
Systems\CPU\Graphics Cards\BAYTRAIL, and a dozen more that really need to
be put into a category...

Chih, This is for you, you'll have ALL CONTROL over this forum. Let me Get
some stuff worked out..

http://www.miker1029.byethost33.com/phpBB3/ Is the link, I haven't done
anything like this for 15-20 Yrs so If you find a problem let me know, Like
I said, 2 Days so There is probably going to be issues....

Mike
mike r
2014-09-12 20:00:12 UTC
Oh I forgot the way I have Email Verification Setup It'll be in your SPAM
folder, Sorry Spent 15 hrs just getting it to send and that's the way it
worked, Dunno If "THIS IS NOT SPAM" will remove it or not, but I guess
couldnt hurt.......

Mike
mike r
2014-11-17 22:21:59 UTC
And The byethost33 Link Is No longer Valid, You'll Just get Re-Directed to
the New Site.....

Mike
www.android-x86.hostingsiteforfree.com/
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.miker1029.byethost33.com%2FphpBB3%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHw9yTwME6nBt4DfRY3ZDoIDya54A>
George Turner
Mike Ross
2014-11-17 22:37:53 UTC
Cool Thanks, Trying to Make this like REALLY SIMPLE For the Basic Click
and Find Users.... So If You Have Any Ideas On Streamlining Feel For to
Port it In the Android - X86 Discussion Forum....

Mike
www.android-x86.hostingsiteforfree.com
Just signed up.
mike ross
2014-11-27 23:52:54 UTC
Hey All, Sorry But Had A Major Failure On The Forum and Had To Reset to
11-16-14 Backup, So If Your Registered after that you'll have to
re-register....Sorry I know It Stinks...I'm Modding the Heck Out of It to
Try and Get it to a Point that it can actually be useful...

Miker1029
2014-12-16 18:08:49 UTC
Hey All,

Just wanted to let you all know that I had to Change my DNS Name Server
over so The Forum wont be Blocked by ISP's, So as a Result The Forum Will
be On and Off for the Next 12-24 Hours....

Sorry for the Inconvenience, But it for the best.

Mike <***@android-x86.hostingsiteforfree.com>
Android - X86 Forums <http://android-x86.hostingsiteforfree.com/>
Miker1029
2015-01-01 18:43:02 UTC
Hey All,

Moved to the New Host today, Seems alot more Fluid then the Last,
Hopefully I'll Be Staying here for awhile, You Can still go to The Old
links and it should forward you to the Corresponding page on the new host..

So Update your Bookmarks when you feel like it....

http://android-x86-forums.hostreo.com/
Mike <***@android-x86-forums.hostreo.com>
Jemsheer K D
2015-01-01 19:30:19 UTC
Why don't you guys try serversfree.com
I use it. found to be OK. and may be a free domain from dot.tk and point to it. say www.android-x86forum.tk.
just a suggestion till you get a proper hosting and proper domain.
Mike Ross
2015-01-01 19:41:21 UTC
Post by Jemsheer K D
Why don't you guys try serversfree.com
I use it. found to be OK. and may be a free domain from dot.tk and point to it. say www.android-x86forum.tk.
just a suggestion till you get a proper hosting and proper domain.
I'll Check it out thanks
--
Mike <mailto:***@android-x86-forums.hostreo.com>
Android - X86 Forums <http://android-x86-forums.hostreo.com>
Miker1029

Miker1029
2015-01-13 00:56:30 UTC
Ok Developers, This One Is for you, Totally Revamped the Download
section..... As A Developer You can Upload your .ISO's and .IMG's, That
will be Available for ALL to Download, Added in the Drop Down With
Downloads, A Bug Tracker, And Pretty Nice, So If you have a ISO/IMG You
Want tested Upload it, Start a New Bug ticket for your File, And Wait For
the Bug Reports To come In.......

Haven't Gotten All the Download links back in, But Registered users can
Play Around to see how it looks.....
Miker1029

Nathan Schmidt
2015-01-13 03:40:55 UTC
I'm interested. Known android dev in the past and trying to get my t100tam nice and happy. Found an easy dual boot method so far at least
Miker1029

Miker1029
2015-01-13 19:33:36 UTC
Ok Developers, It's Done, Got Downloads back online, and the Tracker Set up
For Them, If you want to claim your ISO-IMG it;s ready...

Here's the Info:
http://android-x86-forums.hostreo.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=283
mike r
2014-09-12 21:42:44 UTC
Ok All, Still Having Email verification Issues....Trying to Run through
google Business made new accounts and all.....Dunno, If ANYONE has an Idea
how I can get the email on the forum sent to the person registering let me
know, I googled and found about 3 different was and tried them all......

Untill then I'll be manually Approving accounts....

Thanks for the Help Guys.....

Mike
mike r
2014-09-14 16:20:13 UTC
Ok Folks got the E-Maill Verification Going, Need help from DEVS and
People that Have experience with Android X86, Need Ideas On How to setup
the forum boards for Simplicity of Novice users, And Folks That Can help
MOD the boards, MODS need Experience in the Forum Board he or she is
running....Thanks All.

Mike
mike r
2014-09-24 22:50:13 UTC
Hey All,

If you haven't been back in Awhile, Come Check It Out I've been working
NON-STOP on The Forum, For those of you who showed up before you'll be
Pleasantly Surprised...For those who haven't, Come on over and give it a
look see, Comments welcome....

Mike
fuzzy7k
2014-09-25 14:40:31 UTC
Have you had any kind of conversation with CW about this?

This has been brought up before, and without the guy who does the majority
of the work making the switch, none of the other developers are going to
make the switch.

I think you are right though in trying to have the conversation. The
project does seem to be going through some growing pains. I would not be
against asking for a spot on XDA forums.

It would be harder for new users to join, but it would probably ease the
burden on forum discussion for that reason. Right now, I think it's easier
to join the group and post a question than it is to search for the answer
to that question.

Also, current developers who already live on XDA might be more inclined to
get involved if they could just post to a different forum.
Meerio
2014-09-25 17:20:51 UTC
I think the main problem of this discussion group is that some questions are reproposed an infinite number of times.. It would be optimal , from my point of view, to have a " tutorial " section, in which is explained how to use secondary screen, how to activate some basic modules, use HDMI and so on.
mike r
2014-09-25 17:53:18 UTC
Ya I did, I talked to Him,I can say He asked that all forum X86 topics be
addressed as "Android-x86" as it relates to his project, Which I've done,
Anything else I really don't want to say 3rd party, I'm sure you could ask
him, And Your Right, And I'm not against Copy\Past With Links here, The
Wealth of Information here is extreme, IF IT CAN BE FOUND!, That's my
problem with Google Groups.... I told CW that I'd be more then willing to
step down and let him take control of the HOST and FORUM.... Just so we can
kinda get this Into a stream lined configuration for the Novice Users...

I have my Dell 1750, and 1505 Running like a Pro, Got Win Xp, Win 7, Linux
mint 17, and Android-x86 4.4 rc2 Running perfect ....

So It's Up to you all, If you wanna cut\past over to the Forum it's your to
do, I Can't and won't, Hell I haven't even Cut\Pasted My Input here....This
Is still a valuable Resource!
Rinaldo Jonathan

mike r
2014-09-24 23:37:17 UTC
Ya Best I Found, 1freehost has issues....If you have a suggestion....

Mike
Post by Rinaldo Jonathan
That byethost...
*facepalm*
Rinaldo Jonathan
2014-09-24 23:54:16 UTC
Suggestion? Buy a real hosting and real domain.
Post by mike r
Ya Best I Found, 1freehost has issues....If you have a suggestion....
Mike
Post by Rinaldo Jonathan
That byethost...
*facepalm*
mike r
2014-09-25 00:16:47 UTC
Ya see what happens first.....
Post by mike r
Ya Best I Found, 1freehost has issues....If you have a suggestion....
Mike
Post by Rinaldo Jonathan
That byethost...
*facepalm*
mike r
Rinaldo Jonathan
2014-09-26 01:33:57 UTC
Good idea.

The most important thing about a forum is the response to its users posts.
I have posted twice in the last 24 hrs and they have not appeared. I doubt
this one will too since I am being critical.
Antony Stone
2014-09-26 12:21:53 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Good idea.
The most important thing about a forum is the response to its users posts.
I have posted twice in the last 24 hrs and they have not appeared. I doubt
this one will too since I am being critical.
I've seen four posts from you in the past couple of days (including this one).

Looking at the headers of what I got from the list, they've all been delayed
by several hours on the orinigating mail server, well before they reached
Google.

So, please don't blame the Google list server for causing the delays.

Here are the earliest headers from each of your last four messages:

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 18:33:57 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 07:35:55 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 02:11:46 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 02:07:25 -0700 (PDT)

So, I suggest you talk to the mail administrator for the 10.50.xxx.xxx network
and ask them why emails are not being sent out promptly.

Regards,

Antony.
--
RTFM may be the appropriate reply, but please specify exactly which FM to R.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
mike r
2014-10-17 20:45:32 UTC
Ya It was Cause I Had To Filter everything through Google Accounts, I liked
where the Forum Was At but That Email Thing was like a No Go, So I Switched
hosts and everything is working fine now..... Thanks For the Info.

Mike
Post by mike r
<javascript:>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 18:33:57 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 07:35:55 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 02:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
mike r
2014-11-17 22:15:58 UTC
Hey all,

Been doing ALOT over on Android - X86 Forums if anyone is Interested in
Promoting some Content, This is Starting to Shape Up to a Pretty good
Forum for ALL Users.... Got Questions Post Em, Got Answers, Well Do The
Same 8-0......