Remix OS kernel sources
TheKit
2016-05-15 10:21:59 UTC
Hello,
This might be a wrong place to post about this, but since Remix OS is
affliated with Android-x86 for PC builds, maybe you have ways to contact
with Jide. They choose to comply with GPL, however only kernel sources for
PC build are released. Is it possible to ask them to release kernel sources
for other devices they do Remix OS builds for? I'm particulary interested
in http://cn.jide.com/remixos/devices/teclastx98plus or at least some
drivers from it.
DDS Central
2016-05-22 12:00:17 UTC
I thought NDAs don't apply to GPL source s.
Post by TheKit
http://cn.jide.com/remixos/devices/teclastx98plus or at least some
drivers
Post by TheKit
from it.
I've asked Jide about it.
The basic answer is Jide only modified the framework
and didn't touch the kernel part.
And due to the concern of NDA between Jide and
the hardware vendor, Jide thought they are not
appropriate to release the vendor's kernel source directly.
They suggested you to ask the hardware vendor, i.e.,
the Teclast which has the responsibility to release
the kernel source of their shipped hardware.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
TheKit
2016-05-23 04:19:31 UTC
Thank you much for asking. What about Remix devices then? Jide is the
vendor for them, but they don't have sources released either.

вПскресеМье, 22 Ќая 2016 г., 12:27:17 UTC+8 пПльзПватель Chih-Wei Huang
Jim
2016-05-24 13:21:56 UTC
Hello, Chih-Wei Huang:

My device is miix 700. Audio Device is Realtek HDA ALC236.

I have tried other android x86 (module kernel 4.1.20 x86_64) and that sound
is working. (I upload lsmod in attachment.)

In Remix OS(module kernel 4.4.6 x86_64), I saw that snd-hda-codec-generic
and snd-hda-codec-realtek are not on lsmod. I can manual modprobe
snd-hda-codec-generic and snd-hda-codec-realtek but still no sound.

Do you know how to fix it?

Thank you.

Chih-Wei Huangæ–Œ 2016幎5月22日星期日 UTC+8䞋午12時27分17秒寫道
Kamal Masarweh
youling 257
2016-07-01 17:35:57 UTC
kernel tree github remix os above the last updated June 17, kernel version
4.4.13
I'm sure there are rtl8723bu driver source code
But remix os based on the 4.4.8 kernel androidx86
androidx86 official 4.4.12 kernel tree android-x86_64_defconfig inside
CONFIG_RFKILL_GPIO = m, remix is not set
androidx86 official 4.4.12 kernel there are many other important updates
youling 257
2016-08-27 15:39:35 UTC
where is remix os枞戏版 2.0.507 kernel 4.4.19 source ? remix version of the
game is very different from the international versionjide focus on
developing remix version of the game.