Touch screen and WiFi problems
marcoscarno
2011-01-11 15:27:44 UTC
Dear developers,
First of all I wish to compliment with you for this development; it is
really great and innovative.
BTW i have some problems in using the actual release of your OS
because the touch screen and the WiFi doesn't work.

Here the description of my Tablet:

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @1.66GHz
10.1inch WVGA Capacitive Multi-Touch screen ,1024*600pixels
Graphics card: Integrated Intel GMA 3150
WiFi based on: 3DSP BlueW2310 with SINGLE RADIO AND BASEBAND FOR IEEE
802.11B/G WITH INTEGRATED BLUETOOTH 2.1 + EDR.
I noticed that in the web site of 3DSP.com is the possibility to
download the souce code in order to make the driver; maybe it could be
usefull for you. The link is:
http://www.3dsp.com.cn/web_html/download.html

Best regards,

Marco
marcoscarno
2011-01-12 10:46:12 UTC
Sorry to continue this thread... I just would like to know if there is
the possibility, according to you, to rebuild the code using the
driver of the 3DSP and how I can do that.

Regards,

Marco
Chih-Wei Huang
2011-01-12 11:21:09 UTC
I don't know which driver you said.
If you know, you can apply it to
the kernel tree, modify the config
and rebuild the image.

Send us a patch when you done.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
Walter Sereinig
2011-01-13 20:56:04 UTC
Hi Marco,
Is your device the THD PX1?
I have it too, and found the following:
* viewpad 10 froyo works perfect, but no wifi
* Hanvon B10 1.6 r2 works with wifi, but wrong screen res (800x480 or
so) (http://hanvon-touchpad.blogspot.com/2010/11/hanvon-android-
version-2-grab-it-now.html)
* Tega v2 1.6 works perfect incl. wifi and screen res. Just google
Tega v2, or http://www.tegav2.com/software.html
Touchscreen is perfect in all of them.

The problem then is that our device has no home/back/menu keys
programmed. I also use dvorak, not qwerty so I'd need to modify one of
the layouts (preferably uk.kl) in /system/usr/keylayout or so. However
the damn thing is mounted as read only so I really don't know what to
do. Basically I want to compile an image based on viewpad10 2010.01.12
release (later ones don't work...) with the tegav2 wifi module and
either /system permanently mounted as rw, or that I have su permission
to mount it as such. You wrote here:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/49d8bf186b798f33
that you could put /system onto a separate ext3 partition, and then
modify init.rc to remount it as read write, but I don't know how...

Great work you have done here until now, I am not too good with linux/
android programming but the more I look into it, the more impressed I
am by android-x86!
I hope this can be solved, it will open possibilities to lots of
people with this device.

Walter
Ziv Kong
2011-01-14 01:00:21 UTC
How about using the same method in viewpad10 for wifi. I don't know whether
ot works or not but so far major problem for vp10 is wifi, g-sensor and sd
card. Can we modify the stock 1.6 modules and put it into the 2.2 and make
it usable?
Post by Walter Sereinig
Hi Marco,
Is your device the THD PX1?
marcoscarno
2011-01-14 15:18:32 UTC
Dear all,
This is an update on what I wrote and... thanks for your good
suggestions (thanks Walter, really nice the two androids...).
At the moment the touch screen works with the new Android releases
(2.2) and with those of Walter.... the only problem is that I have to
use two fingers... I mean... with one finger no responses, with two
all is ok!

For what concerns the WiFi, instead, I still have an error; I think
that the hardware inside my Tablet is not covered by the standard
Android distribution; as specified on the website of the hardware
distributor, driver for Android could be downloaded by filling a
document on their web site: http://www.3dsp.com.cn/web_html/download.html

For what I understood such WiFi and blueotooth hardware is also in the
Hanvon Tablet.
So my problems are:
1) I cannot know how to interact with 3DSP in order to obtain their
driver
2) Suppose I have the driver... I don't know how to build again an
Android distribution with those driver linked.

Anyway... good work and... I will see what it will happen

Regards,

Marco
marcoscarno
2011-01-14 21:25:28 UTC
Dear all,
Another update... I found that:
http://hanvon-touchpad.blogspot.com/2010/11/hanvon-android-version-2-grab-it-now.html
has a working release of the drivers for 3DSP WiFi and bluetooth...
It is Android 1.6... so I am wondering if it is possibile to extract
them and to add inside your release.

Furthermore I still have problems with the touch screen... two fingers
are needed.

Regards,

Marco
Walter Sereinig
2011-01-14 22:13:29 UTC
Hey marco,
I have a similar problem with the touchscreen when I use ubuntu, with
1 finger it recognises only a keypress, with 2 you can actually move.
I guess we might have different digitizer or touchscreen hardware.
What exact brand is your device? Is it a THD PX1 i.e. iiView M1touch/
Teso J-10/Orphan P-88/Wirelession W1230? Anyway this is a weird
problem, editing the driver might help, but first we need to extract
it, and for that we need root! So could anyone here possibly help?

Also, you can download the ubuntu/fedora/suse/debian/etc. drivers,
partial source code, and some other stuff off 3dsp's ftp server:
ftp://3dsp.com.cn. If you need a user/pass check
http://www.backports.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8997360. Dunno
where you'll get with that, but maybe it'll help. By the way, it works
even when you install the USB device drivers not the pcie ones. The
internal device is recognised as usb with any driver o.0.

Anyway I think it would be great if we could pull out all necessary
working the modules from the /system, edit them and compile again with
a new kernel, but in order to do any of that we first need root, as I
see no way of extracting them without being in the system (or did I
miss something?).

WRT point 2 in your previous post; I would also need to read up on how
to compile the image with the new drivers, maybe we can get some
assistance on irc or over the discussion forums?

Best regards,
Walter
Post by marcoscarno
Dear all,
Another update... I found that:http://hanvon-touchpad.blogspot.com/2010/11/hanvon-android-version-2-...
marcoscarno
2011-01-17 08:22:16 UTC
Hello all,
A new update... I was able to install a double boot on my Tablet...
now I have Win7 and Android... the Android is the 1.6 that Walter
suggested me:
http://hanvon-touchpad.blogspot.com/2010/11/hanvon-android-version-2-grab-it-now.html
Still have the problems of the touch screen (two fingers are needed),
but the system works well (I mean WiFi, AppStore, etc.).
Really I don't know what kind of Tablet I have, due it has no brand...
but I think it is the same of Hanvon Tablet or of TegaV2.
I installed an application using which I can access all the
directories in the system... also the /system and the others... is
someone interested in having their contents? I could prepare a
compressed file and I could put it in a web server.
At the moment my intention is to keep the system as it is now (Win7
and Android)... if someone is interested, also, in knowing how I reach
to have the dual boot... I will be happy to write the steps I
followed.

Regards and... keep it going...

Marco
Sorpio
2011-01-18 21:07:56 UTC
hello marco,

please try the usb image from stephane lageune, possibly wifi works
for you. touch i am almost certain it will. I am having exactly the
same specs as you do but wifi is different, i have rtl8191se chipset.
wifi and sound do not work for me in this image, but you can always
try, here's the link:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/ac9b420d2f4e1728

regards,

Steven