Create a second partition and making it work as a SD Card in 7.1 R2
Ivan Soriano
2018-09-15 06:15:34 UTC
Hello Forum!

I have an application that storages its data in SD Card, so there is a way to create another partition and make it recognisable in Android x86 7.1 as a SD Card.

I know that if I put an SD Card in my computer's reader this little problem would be resolved but I find that what I am asking here is the best option for my needs.

Thanks You!
'Patrick Wirth' via Android-x86
2018-10-27 12:12:16 UTC
Post by Ivan Soriano
Hello Forum!
I have an application that storages its data in SD Card, so there is a way
to create another partition and make it recognisable in Android x86 7.1 as
a SD Card.
I know that if I put an SD Card in my computer's reader this little
problem would be resolved but I find that what I am asking here is the best
option for my needs.
Thanks You!
You could use a single partition for the android installation which will be
/sdcard aswell if you choose EXT4 as partition layout and youÂŽll be able to
use the entire space of it.
On EFI systems, youÂŽll need a fat32 boot-partition.
At the setup, first choose the fat32 partition, install grub2 and then
press CTRL+ALT+DEL and reboot the device.
Run setup again but now choose your EXT4 partition and skip grub
installation.
You should now have the entire size of your partition recognized as /sdcard
or "internal storage".
This type of installation is very similar to real android hardware.