Any Android-x86 8.0 (Oreo) beta builds?
Russ B
2018-01-13 00:42:52 UTC
Have we given to the point where there are beta builds of Android-x86 8.0 (Oreo)?

If so, where are they stored?
Jordan Anderson
2018-01-13 03:25:02 UTC
Chih Wei, I need builds for the RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 powered by the Atom
Z8350. It can be any stable release. I created a post asking for one a
while ago
Mauro Rossi
2018-01-13 17:45:18 UTC
Reboot on installed partition is not working, but you could try
*experimental* *test builds* in [1]
The *hwc1.iso still require substantial debugging, but the ones with mesa
17.3.1 are based on 2 week ago oreo-x86 repo

[1] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_OFHiIqgpSFTFpkQWc1eXV3ME0

Unfortunately they can be used only in Live boot modes, because of an issue
with rw partitions.
Mauro
Микола Петрівський
2018-01-14 19:31:18 UTC
Hi Mauro,

I have tried your
oreo_x86_64_k415rc7+_amd_dc_llvm50_mesa-17.4.0devel_hwc1.iso on my PC. But
run it without HWCOMP param.
Here are some screenshots:

As you can see, it works very nice, when it works. But unfortunately some
apps do not run at all. For example I could not start "AnTuTu Benchmark"
(screen from Antutu 3DBench) and "3D Benchmark - Android Gamers". Is it
because there is no binary translator, or there is some other problem?

By the way, there is some problem with screenshots from apps with vertical
orientation.
Mauro Rossi
2018-01-15 08:04:10 UTC
Hi,
Thank a lot for the feedback
Post by Микола Петрівський
Hi Mauro,
I have tried your oreo_x86_64_k415rc7+_amd_dc_llvm50_mesa-17.4.0devel_hwc1.iso on my PC. But run it without HWCOMP param.
Would it be possible to provide /data/log.txt and dmesg output for HWCOMP debug boot attempt?

I'm trying AMD DC because it supports drm atomic properties, but my HW 7x50 gcn 1st gen is the only not supported, because dce60 is not supported.

So at the moment I depend on community provided logs.
Post by Микола Петрівський
As you can see, it works very nice, when it works. But unfortunately some apps do not run at all. For example I could not start "AnTuTu Benchmark" (screen from Antutu 3DBench) and "3D Benchmark - Android Gamers". Is it because there is no binary translator, or there is some other problem?
Translator is present, but I need to check
If I used 7.0 or 8.0 versione
Post by Микола Петрівський
By the way, there is some problem with screenshots from apps with vertical orientation.
Do you mean that screenshot is performed, but geometry is distorted?
youling 257
2018-01-15 15:20:05 UTC
only your 32 bit oreo-x86 1231 isouse the new iio
sensor/vendor/lib/hw/sensors.iio.so91KB
others 32/64 bit isouse the old iio sensor/lib/hw/sensors.iio.so22KB

圚 2018幎1月15日星期䞀 UTC+8䞋午4:04:10Mauro Rossi写道
Post by Mauro Rossi
Hi,
Thank a lot for the feedback
Post by Микола Петрівський
[1] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_OFHiIqgpSFTFpkQWc1eXV3ME0
Unfortunately they can be used only in Live boot modes, because of an
issue with rw partitions.
Post by Микола Петрівський
Mauro
Il giorno sabato 13 gennaio 2018 04:25:02 UTC+1, Jordan Anderson ha
Микола Петрівський
2018-01-15 21:06:37 UTC
Post by Mauro Rossi
Would it be possible to provide /data/log.txt and dmesg output for HWCOMP
debug boot attempt?
Logs attached. First attempt without HWCOMP was fully successful, but with
HWCOMP there was no GUI, in fact even big Android logo was not shown, and
console was not accessible. So second attempt was with data.img from hard
drive.
Post by Mauro Rossi
Post by Микола Петрівський
By the way, there is some problem with screenshots from apps with
vertical orientation.
Do you mean that screenshot is performed, but geometry is distorted?
Yes, screenshot has normal hight and width, but picture inside has
shrinked width.
Микола Петрівський
2018-01-15 21:10:29 UTC
I can do dmesg only without HWCOMP.
Jordan Anderson
2018-01-16 02:03:51 UTC
How to boot Android without HWCOMP? Do you enter HWCOMP=0 at the grub
menu editing the boot values? I'm trying to run 7.1 on my RCA
W101SA23T1.
Микола Петрівський

Jordan Anderson
2018-01-16 12:23:38 UTC
How, by any means, to enable HWCOMP then? I'm having problems booting
up the x64 version of 6.0 r2
Post by Микола Петрівський
I delete "HWCOMP=1" altogether.
вівторок, 16 січня 2018 р. 04:04:09 UTC+2 користувач Jordan Anderson
Jordan Anderson
Mauro Rossi
2018-01-16 14:37:08 UTC
Post by Jordan Anderson
How, by any means, to enable HWCOMP then? I'm having problems booting
up the x64 version of 6.0 r2
HWCOMP boot parameter is not official
and not present in official builds,
which currently support drm_hwcomposer only for qemu virgl

The only purpose of that experimental parameter is to debug issues in drm_hwcomposer, but currently only nouveau boots, still with lot of issues.

All other menu entries behave as per official builds, except HWCOMP one
A10 Sagar Jet Tech Gamer Pro
2018-05-26 14:30:56 UTC
Hello Mauro,
Can you give me the link to your build?
I am a kind of some developer and may work with it.
Harkaman
Mauro Rossi
2018-05-27 22:38:44 UTC
kernel 4.16 with amd dc + mesa 18.1.0 are being uploaded

drm_hwcomposer (hwc1) status:

grub cmdline HWCOMP=1 enables gbm_gralloc + drm_hwcomposer (hwc1) -
applicable for amdgpu, i965, nouveau
NOTE: amdgpu NOT working with hwc, intel completes bootanimation but status
bar causes GPU hang, nouveau completes boot but is subject to unpredictable
GPU lockup

drm_gralloc status:

The images are working with drm_gralloc, but nouveau became subject to GPU
lockup

vulkan status:

Both anv and radv vulkan HAL are built
prototypal init_hal_vulkan enables anv by default, while for radv grub
cmdline VULKAN=radv is needed

At the moment vulkan HALs do not work with drm_gralloc because of a problem
in importing buffers,
with drm_hwcomposer+gbm_gralloc they could work, but I'm unable to boot
intel and amdgpu,
as I said before

Heavy debugging and testing required.

Mauro
fguy
2018-05-28 08:17:54 UTC
Post by Mauro Rossi
kernel 4.16 with amd dc + mesa 18.1.0 are being uploaded
I collected a few oreo assemblies with your Mesa (17.3.8 & 18.1.0).
Unfortunately, they all give artifacts in the new 3d tests of last Antutu 7
- there are no textures and model elements. There are also problems with
cores - the most stable oreo assemblies are obtained with the 4.9.95 kernel
from the android-x86 repository.
Mauro Rossi
2018-05-30 07:43:16 UTC
Post by Mauro Rossi
I collected a few oreo assemblies with your Mesa (17.3.8 & 18.1.0).
Unfortunately, they all give artifacts in the new 3d tests of last Antutu 7
- there are no textures and model elements. There are also problems with
cores - the most stable oreo assemblies are obtained with the 4.9.95 kernel
from the android-x86 repository.
I need to upload new builds, in the tests on Skylake GT2 (Lenovo T460) the
3D was working with mesa 18.1.0, but I need to rebuild kernel with updated
defconfig and upload new x86 and x86_64 images

Mesa EGL is in the process of review for patches to remove drm_gralloc
dependecy and to break drm_gralloc/FLINK/fb, to be replaced by
gbm_gralloc/dma_buf
for the moment they seem to be on-hold as breaking drm_gralloc users would
impact many drivers/users/.

I'm trying to troubleshoot drm_hwcomposer+gbm_gralloc in order to have
intel, amdgpu at least booting, like nouveau with the new graphics stack.

But in order to achieve this, we need to join forces/efforts to
troubleshoot problems and open critical bugs in freedesktop bugzilla for
defective components.
Mauro
youling 257
2018-01-15 15:35:16 UTC
test oreo_x86_64_mesa-17.4.0devel_hwc1can't open appTerminal Emulator
force stopFC
youling 257
2018-01-22 08:36:57 UTC
any 64K32U oreo-x86 build?

only houdini 8y work on 64K64U and 64K32U.

01-22 15:01:30.472 1946 1946 I /system/bin/webview_zygote32:
option[50]=-XX:NativeBridge=libhoudini.so
01-22 15:02:09.804 2336 2336 D houdini : [2336] Initialize library(version:
8.0.0_y.49374 RELEASE)... successfully.
01-22 15:02:10.339 2336 2336 D houdini : [2336] loaded library
/data/app/com.baidu.input-ZSG02ksTvOGbM1y54n5hPw==/lib/arm/libjnicrash.so
via Native Bridge.
01-22 15:02:11.458 2336 2336 D houdini : [2336] loaded library
/data/user/0/com.baidu.input/files/inputcore_20171129 via Native Bridge.
01-22 15:02:11.708 2336 2336 D houdini : [2336] loaded library
/data/app/com.baidu.input-ZSG02ksTvOGbM1y54n5hPw==/lib/arm/libchiperencoder_v1_2_1.so
via Native Bridge.
Povilas Staniulis
Guneet Atwal
2018-05-26 14:41:07 UTC
i want someone to post k4.17 oreo x86
youling 257
2018-05-28 06:02:56 UTC
I just need 32bit Androidx86 isothen i use my 64bit kernel and modules to
boot itit will be 64K32Uthen 8_y houdini can work on it.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/SEMbCDXzTz4/SvSCqBsoCAAJ

x86:/ $ su
x86:/ # uname -m
i686
x86:/ # uname -a
Linux localhost 4.17.0-rc7-android-x86_64+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon May 28
10:37:54 CST 2018 i686

x86:/ # logcat | grep houdini
05-28 13:56:34.917 16125 16125 D houdini : [16125] Initialize
library(version: 8.0.0_y.49374 RELEASE)... successfully.
05-28 13:56:35.414 16125 16125 D houdini : [16125] loaded library
/data/app/com.baidu.input-aAFbGdnCMukgNthJOh9dXw==/lib/arm/libjnicrash.so
via Native Bridge.
05-28 13:56:36.392 16125 16125 D houdini : [16125] loaded library
/data/user/0/com.baidu.input/files/inputcore_20171129 via Native Bridge.
05-28 13:56:36.718 16125 16125 D houdini : [16125] loaded library
/data/app/com.baidu.input-aAFbGdnCMukgNthJOh9dXw==/lib/arm/libchiperencoder_v1_2_1.so
via Native Bridge.
Mauro Rossi
2018-05-30 07:31:25 UTC
Hi,
I also need to try to build 64K32U, but I have a couple of question:

1) In the latest oreo-x86 device/generic/common there is a commit [1] to
enforce 64 bit binder on 32bit user,
is it correct that 64K32U is better compared to 64 bit binder only because
there are some applications that use 32 bit (and 32 binder)?

2) with the new patch "Always use 64-bit binder" is there still benefit in
building 64K32U ?

[1] http://git.osdn.net/view?p=android-x86/device-generic-common.git;a=commit;h=66fd14a317cbada5d7f05482504788839b26d9bf

Mauro
youling 257
2018-05-30 09:31:29 UTC
edit drivers/android/Kconfig

config ANDROID_BINDER_IPC_32BIT
bool "Use old (Android 4.4 and earlier) 32-bit binder API"
depends on ANDROID_BINDER_IPC
default y

64bit kernel #1ANDROID_BINDER_IPC_32BIT=ycan boot 32bit Androidwill be
64k32u
64bit kernel #2ANDROID_BINDER_IPC_32BIT is not setcan boot 64bit
Androidwill be 64k64u

圚 2018幎5月30日星期䞉 UTC+8䞋午3:31:25Mauro Rossi写道
Hi,
youling 257
2018-05-30 10:07:28 UTC
"Always use 64-bit binder"mean is no the 32bit oreo-x86only has 64bit
oreo-x86 rc1
or mean is 32bit kernel can use 64bit binder32bit kernel can install and
running 64bit Android app 
https://github.com/openthos/system-analysis/issues/118#issuecomment-362547318
“Try to use 64-bit binder on 32-bit kernel but not success.”
why 64bit userspace nougat request must cpu support sse4.2

圚 2018幎5月30日星期䞉 UTC+8䞋午3:31:25Mauro Rossi写道
Hi,
youling 257
2018-05-30 11:16:09 UTC
you make 8_y houdini work on 32bit oreo-x86 ?

圚 2018幎5月30日星期䞉 UTC+8䞋午7:12:50Chih-Wei Huang写道
Post by youling 257
"Always use 64-bit binder"mean is no the 32bit oreo-x86only has 64bit
oreo-x86 rc1
Just means to use 64-bit binder for all cases. Nothing else.
Post by youling 257
or mean is 32bit kernel can use 64bit binder
Yes.
Post by youling 257
32bit kernel can install and running 64bit Android app 
Of course not.
Post by youling 257
“Try to use 64-bit binder on 32-bit kernel but not success.”
why 64bit userspace nougat request must cpu support sse4.2
圚 2018幎5月30日星期䞉 UTC+8䞋午3:31:25Mauro Rossi写道
Hi,
Post by youling 257
Post by Mauro Rossi
building 64K32U ?
[1]
http://git.osdn.net/view?p=android-x86/device-generic-common.git;a=commit;h=66fd14a317cbada5d7f05482504788839b26d9bf
Post by youling 257
Post by Mauro Rossi
Mauro
Post by youling 257
Post by youling 257
Post by youling 257
Post by Mauro Rossi
Post by youling 257
05-28 13:56:36.718 16125 16125 D houdini : [16125] loaded library
/data/app/com.baidu.input-aAFbGdnCMukgNthJOh9dXw==/lib/arm/libchiperencoder_v1_2_1.so
Post by youling 257
Post by Mauro Rossi
Post by youling 257
via Native Bridge.