asus t91 (not mt) eeepc 4.0
skyman
2012-03-28 20:38:23 UTC
I am trying to use "android-x86-4.0-RC1-eeepc.iso" and like many others can
not get the following to work:

- 1024x600 emgd driver (video is stuck with vesa)
- touch screen (configures fine with ts_configure) but when screen is
touched the pointer fades but nothing registers

also fyi I installed using the dd iso to usb key and could only get 4.0 to
boot. 2.2,2.3 and 3.2 all did not create a bootable usb key.
skyman
2012-03-29 14:29:12 UTC
*Info**:*
install works fantastic, resized windows, booted from usb key and installed
to sdb3 side by side win7 perfectly and creates usable fake sdcard
video mode is in 800x600 vesa "cat /proc/fb" results with "0 VESA VGA" can
not get 1024x600 to show up when booting with vga=ask
touch screen calibrates but then does not work once gui has started. mouse
pointer fades away when screen is touched.
video driver will not resume from suspend, nor can you unlock the video.
even letting X suspend while on a console screen results in X not
responding. closing lid seems to resume and fix display
video camera works good (slow because of video driver)
market works and installs apps and updates to play store but sometimes
times out
was able to use titanium backup to uninstall apps (removed chinese
keyboards)
used aptoide to install updates to defender but not others (terminal
emulator, google maps...going to try uninstall with titanium backup and
reinstall)

*other:*
installed using "dd if=android-x86-4.0-RC1-eeepc.iso of=/dev/sdb" to copy
to a usb key and then pressed ESC while booting to boot from usb.
I could not get an other version 2.2, 2.3, 3.2 eeepc iso to recognize the
usb key to be bootable

the end result is almost as usable as my zoom and I would probably use it
more than my zoom if the graphics and touch screen worked!
Edward Peek
2012-03-30 04:40:57 UTC
I've managed to get the touchscreen working on my T91 with the 4.0.3
sources. The issue is that it thinks the screen is pressure sensitive when
it's really not. I hacked around it by disabling the check in the input
sources, but it might be possible using a custom .idc file which specifies
no pressure sensitivity.
Edward Peek
2012-03-30 11:27:46 UTC
I've uploaded the image I built here<http://www.mediafire.com/file/m7mvyjb95b7fm2b/asus_laptop.iso>.
From memory the other differences from the generic asus_laptop image are:

- No market or Google apps installed by default
- Supports the actual DPI of the T91 (DPI=133 in the boot args)
- Sound works
skyman
Chih-Wei Huang
2012-03-31 02:15:01 UTC
Post by Edward Peek
I've managed to get the touchscreen working on my T91 with the 4.0.3
sources. The issue is that it thinks the screen is pressure sensitive when
it's really not. I hacked around it by disabling the check in the input
sources, but it might be possible using a custom .idc file which specifies
no pressure sensitivity.
Great! Could you provide the patch
so I can integrate it into next release?
Thanks a lot!
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
Edward Peek
2012-04-03 06:26:40 UTC
Here are patches for the changes I made. I'm still somewhat new to git so
let me know if there's a better way to create/submit patches! The projects
which they apply to are:

device/asus - 0001-Added-idc-for-IDEACOM-6680-T91-touchscreen.patch
frameworks/base -
0001-Added-option-to-disable-touchscreen-pressure-sensiti.patch
packages/apps/Launcher2 -
0001-Fixed-support-for-arbitrary-display-densities.patch

Regards,
Edward.
Chih-Wei Huang
2012-04-04 16:46:45 UTC
Post by Edward Peek
Here are patches for the changes I made. I'm still somewhat new to git so
let me know if there's a better way to create/submit patches! The projects
Thank you for the patches.
That's exactly what we want.
Post by Edward Peek
frameworks/base
- 0001-Added-option-to-disable-touchscreen-pressure-sensiti.patch
Seems you add a new value "disable" to
touch.pressure.calibration in idc file.

Could we just use "none" to represent the same purpose?
Or could we just set mRawPointerAxes.pressure.valid=false
in an idc file?
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
Edward Peek
2012-04-04 23:44:14 UTC
The "none" value just means that pressure is reported as 0 or 1 rather than
a range, but it still requires a touchscreen to report pressure data.

Unfortunately the idc files require specific code to load each value so
using "mRawPointerAxes.pressure.valid=false" would still need code to
handle it in the calibration function.
Joban Singh
2013-04-21 13:41:58 UTC