Gallery isnt working and without file manger on Android-x86 4.4 RC1
ady2k10
2014-03-03 14:19:17 UTC
I have downloaded Android-x86 4.4 RC1 and tested it.Performance is ok. Gallery is not working and without file manager. I can read data from external usb storage but I can't install android apps.It didn't test Gallery app properly before built Android-x86 4.4 RC1.It supported Intel GMA500 and displayed good graphics
ady2014
2014-03-04 07:36:34 UTC
Any suggestion to install android apps from unknown sources on android-x86 4.4 RC1? Or I should use ADB to install it again...???
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-03-04 07:55:11 UTC
Post by ady2014
Any suggestion to install android apps from unknown sources on android-x86 4.4 RC1? Or I should use ADB to install it again...???
There are several ways:

* just install a file manager from Google Play.

* just copy the apk to /data/app/. But
if the apk contains native libs, you need to reboot.

* You can also use adb in android-x86 directly.
Just run the Terminal Emulator, su, and type
adb install path_to_the_apk

* put the apk in a website and download it from the browser.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
ady2014
2014-03-04 15:09:29 UTC
Please take note not all .apk will work when it build in android-x86 iso.
That why gallery didnt work on android-x86 4.4 rc1.But it installed it manually.
It will work fine.
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-03-04 16:32:36 UTC
Post by ady2014
Please take note not all .apk will work when it build in android-x86 iso.
The usually reason is the apk contains native libs
that are not installed.
Post by ady2014
That why gallery didnt work on android-x86 4.4 rc1.But it installed it manually.
It will work fine.
What gallery?
If you meant the built-in Gallery3D (com.android.gallery3d),
it works, of course, provided HW OpenGL ES is supported
on your device.
(Check your OpenGL driver in Settings -> About tablet)
sgChen
2014-03-04 16:43:01 UTC
I have a netbook with GMA500 and it seems like OpenGL is not supported, it
does not show up in about tablet. So the gallery fails for me too. Had to
Chih-Wei Huang
2014-03-05 01:29:19 UTC
Post by sgChen
I have a netbook with GMA500 and it seems like OpenGL is not supported, it
does not show up in about tablet. So the gallery fails for me too. Had to
download another picture viewer to view photos.
HW OpenGL is not supported on any PowerVR chip.
(already mentioned in the release note).
supriady
2014-03-05 01:58:40 UTC
I have copied some .apk to /data/app after i rebooted it and shown me
android is upgrading.but not all .apk is working.i didnt know how to
add widget to android x86 4.4 rc1.and i cant use middle button of
mouse again.i used quickpic to view pictures and videos.
supriady
2014-03-05 02:32:21 UTC
when i launched Datacounter widget for the first time.it didnt show me
to add datacounter widget again on android x86 4.4 rc1.datacounter
widget was not a widget app again and shown menu button on top left.i
cant add live wallpaper too.
sgChen
2014-03-05 05:08:42 UTC
Ah I see, did not know those were PowerVR chips. In that case, not going to bother playing around with the Acer AO751. Still have my other AOA150 which works great. Thanks
Thanveer Ali
2014-03-10 04:23:37 UTC
Post by ady2014
Post by ady2014
Any suggestion to install android apps from unknown sources on
android-x86 4.4 RC1? Or I should use ADB to install it again...???
* just install a file manager from Google Play.
* just copy the apk to /data/app/. But
if the apk contains native libs, you need to reboot.
* You can also use adb in android-x86 directly.
Just run the Terminal Emulator, su, and type
adb install path_to_the_apk
* put the apk in a website and download it from the browser.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org
i installed the android 4.4 in my windows pc dual boot with windows 7
succesfully.my problem is android 4.4 does not contain any file managers to
install apps from usb .iam using internet from my 3g modem .i can't use it
because i need ppp widjet app(allow android x86 to connect huawei 3g usb
modems) to be installed in android 4.4.so to install it i need file manager.

i tried many ways i copied the apk to data/apps but through windows7 but
it didn't work
supriady
ady2014
2014-03-11 15:37:10 UTC
You can send *.apk files through email and download it using Android-x86 4.4 RC1.So you got file manager.
Supriady
2014-03-05 07:56:32 UTC
Finally I found it how to set live wallpaper. I should go to setting - display -wallpaper - live wallpaper.Whait is daydream ?