Screen orientation on PC
e***@gmail.com
2018-11-29 21:48:30 UTC
Hello. I installed Android 7 on my PC, without Virtual Box and other things. I downloaded the application from the market to flip the screen, as a result, the portrait mode is in the middle of the screen. What am I doing wrong?
Should the screen be turned over in portrait or is it always in landscape mode?
Mauro Rossi
2018-12-01 09:47:57 UTC
What I saw in oreo-x86 is that it is normal to get portrait mode,
even if it is sacrificing half of the screen surface to black
and in some cases it takes several frames to finalize this screen adaption
to portrait.

What i noticed is that you can switch between Auto and Portrait mode,
but it would make sense to have Landscape (meaning landscape forced)
for the cases where you may rotate the Monitor on the stand,
for example in case you want the Arcade Videogame experience full screen.

If you perceive exactly this problem, please highlight the issue in the
forum to see if Chih-Wei agrees to evaluate the Requirement
Mauro
2018-12-01 21:20:23 UTC
Hello. I put Android 8, unfortunately the situation has not changed, in the
portraite mode, the screen appears in the middle. File as an attachment
Mauro Rossi
2018-12-01 21:33:10 UTC
Hi,

on a PC monitor you don't have sensors, what I meant is that a forced
"Portrait mode" to select may be useful,
in the snapshot you selected "Automatic mode"

and that device does not seem to be a "PC", but I may not be see it in its
entire shape.
Mauro
Post by e***@gmail.com
Hello. I put Android 8, unfortunately the situation has not changed, in
the portraite mode, the screen appears in the middle. File as an attachment
пятМОца, 30 МПября 2018 г., 0:48:30 UTC+3 пПльзПватель
2018-12-01 21:40:51 UTC
The screenshot shows the application for flipping the screen, and portrait mode is selected in it. This is a monitor + computer, two in one. There are really no sensors in it, maybe they need to be added?
2018-12-01 21:51:18 UTC
2018-12-01 22:41:38 UTC
I understand that you need to make a fake reference orientation, but how to
do it? Please tell me, I have never done this.
2018-12-01 23:41:03 UTC
Solution: has_sensors = true
Mauro Rossi
2018-12-02 07:52:09 UTC
Good!

Please provide patch git formatted in this thread, in case you would like
your device sensors be used
Let me know if you need instructions/howto

Mauro
Post by e***@gmail.com
Solution: has_sensors = true