RTL8188EUS wifi dongle not working
Andy Epos
2018-11-19 14:57:49 UTC
I'm trying to get the RTL8188EUS wifi dongle working with Android x86. When
I plug it in, it's detected (according to logcat) and loads up the r8188ee
module. When I try to enable wifi in Android. Logcat shows:

WifiNative-wlan0: Vendor HAL not supported, Ignore start...

then a few lines later

WificondControl: Could not get IClientInterface instance from wificond

From what I can gather, the driver is being loaded but there's something
'missing' that's preventing android talking to the device.

Could anyone give me some pointers on where I need to look to resolve this?

Thanks
Andy Epos
2018-11-21 13:36:27 UTC
I'm managed to get this working and I think it's because the built in
r8188eu driver doesn't work properly with the above chipset. I used the
driver on https://github.com/quickreflex/rtl8188eus, built it against our
kernel and loaded it using insmod/modprobe and it works fine.
Post by Andy Epos
I'm trying to get the RTL8188EUS wifi dongle working with Android x86.
When I plug it in, it's detected (according to logcat) and loads up the
WifiNative-wlan0: Vendor HAL not supported, Ignore start...
then a few lines later
WificondControl: Could not get IClientInterface instance from wificond
From what I can gather, the driver is being loaded but there's something