Android-x86 6.0-r1 released
Masaykh
2016-09-13 22:24:14 UTC
Is this build supposed to work with Nvidia GPU?
then i start build normaly it boot only to console , in logcat :

cant access framebuffer (illegal argument)

then i do :
rmmod nouveau
ln /dev/dri/card1 /dev/dri/card0

system boot to GUI and "about tablet" state that it work on intel gpu
Povilas Staniulis
2016-09-14 01:42:25 UTC
I don't think nouveau supports Optimus.
There are some hacks which somewhat work on regular Linux distros, but
nothing for Android.

Removing nouveau driver disables the Nvidia card, which enables Android
to boot using the Intel graphics.
Masaykh
2016-09-14 06:35:27 UTC
is there way to disable nouveau on boot (via kernel command line)?
i tried to pass "modprobe.blacklist=nouveau" and "nouveau.modeset=0"
but it load anyway

среЎа, 14 сеМтября 2016 г., 4:42:38 UTC+3 пПльзПватель Povilas Staniulis
Masaykh
2016-09-14 07:47:48 UTC
it would need to change system.sfs for this ?
Or to install android to partation?

no boot parameters that can do it?

среЎа, 14 сеМтября 2016 г., 9:43:42 UTC+3 пПльзПватель Chih-Wei Huang
Post by Masaykh
is there way to disable nouveau on boot (via kernel command line)?
i tried to pass "modprobe.blacklist=nouveau" and "nouveau.modeset=0"
but it load anyway
Put it to
/system/etc/modules.blacklist
Povilas Staniulis
2016-09-14 12:04:39 UTC
The best way would be to get rid of the kernel module.
Or rebuild kernel without nouveau.
Post by Masaykh
is there way to disable nouveau on boot (via kernel command line)?
i tried to pass "modprobe.blacklist=nouveau" and "nouveau.modeset=0"
but it load anyway
среда, 14 сентября 2016 г., 4:42:38 UTC+3 пользователь Povilas
Post by Masaykh
Is this build supposed to work with Nvidia GPU?
cant access framebuffer (illegal argument)
rmmod nouveau
ln /dev/dri/card1 /dev/dri/card0
system boot to GUI and "about tablet" state that it work on
intel gpu
Post by Masaykh
it, send
<javascript:>
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/android-x86
Post by Masaykh
<https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
youling 257

Tails Lol
2016-09-14 07:28:35 UTC
can we have a 4.8 kernel version? or a version that support nvidia gtx 980?
android x86 boot but the image is totally screwed up.
Hi all,
After near 11 months of development,
we have reached this important milestone,
the first stable release of Android-x86 6.0.
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-6-0-r1
Thanks to all who made contributions to the release.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
Krister Hallergard
2016-09-14 08:12:56 UTC
Upgraded to -r1 on my ext4 HDD partition by installing over (on top of) the
-rc2 (http://goo.gl/j7fba7). Had prepared by changing root folder name to
"android-6.0-r1" and similar edits on my grub2 boot loader.

Successfully I think. Could anybody explain what might be wrong with this
installation method, please!
Krister Hallergard
2016-09-14 10:34:33 UTC
Yes I skipped the grub installation. Am using the Kubuntu grub2 bootmenu
and editing its /etc/40_Custom for Android-x86, RemixOS and PhoenixOS
Post by Krister Hallergard
installation method, please!
Did you choose to skip grub installation?
If so, you need to update the grub.cfg manually,
of course.
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
Hypo Turtle
2016-09-14 12:01:04 UTC
Nothing wrong persay; but you don't really need to keep renaming the folder
[Just name it android-6.x] and leave it as that.
What's the issue? A stalled boot? I'd at least clear app data from the
system apps:

*cd /data/data
for line in `ls | grep com.android`; do rm -rf $line; done*from *DEBUG=1* should be enough
Salar Tajbakhsh
2016-09-14 11:06:07 UTC
i have lenovo miix 310
there is not any drivers for it
my wifi,auto rotate , battery percentage, volume key, power key not working
how we can fix this?
Andrey Kozlov
2016-09-16 22:42:38 UTC
Thank you for all the great work. However this release looks disappointing
comparing to rc2.
First of all issue with distorted overlay dialogs like PowerOff or ANR is
still there and 100% reporoducible. I was hoping it is fixed in new Mesa,
but it is not. Then audio is now defaulted to HDMI. So to switch to analog
mode I need to use hal.audio.primary.hdmi=0 which is inconvenient. Probably
some UI setting option is necessary here. But even after that there are
only two volume levels 0% and 100%.
And at last the poweroff sequence is broken. The device does not poweroff
after it has completed the shutdown procedure.
I am looking forward for these fixes soon. In other aspects great work is
done and I highly apreciate all the efforts involved.
Ildar Mulyukov
2016-09-18 18:13:56 UTC
Suffers from
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/remix-os-for-pc/8GRLt-CpIVA
Can you look at it?
BR, Ildar.

втПрМОк, 13 сеМтября 2016 г., 22:49:14 UTC+6 пПльзПватель Chih-Wei Huang
Ildar Mulyukov
2016-09-19 04:59:13 UTC
Exactly! Thanks a lot. Seems I'm stuck with Lollypop.
Best regards, Ildar.

пПМеЎельМОк, 19 сеМтября 2016 г., 9:48:23 UTC+6 пПльзПватель Chih-Wei Huang
Post by Ildar Mulyukov
Suffers from
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/remix-os-for-pc/8GRLt-CpIVA
Can you look at it?
Looks like your CPU is not supported.
In doubt, check /proc/cpuinfo (cat /proc/cpuinfo)
to see if it contains all required x86 instructions
listed in
https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/abis.html
Scoo Ter
2016-09-19 06:16:32 UTC
Is the installer somehow broken?
I've tried to install R1 on two different ext4 partitions.

But the installer always throws an error after "syncing to disk":

*Installation failed*! *Please check* if you have enough free disk space to *install
Android*-*x86*.

RC2 / Remix installs without any issues from the same pendrive on both
partitions.
Scoo Ter
2016-09-19 08:48:35 UTC
There is no significant change of the installer
since -rc2.
Please add DEBUG=1 to cmdline on installation
and show us the file /tmp/log
Ok, here is the log file
Antony Stone
2016-09-19 08:56:58 UTC
Post by Scoo Ter
There is no significant change of the installer
since -rc2.
Please add DEBUG=1 to cmdline on installation
and show us the file /tmp/log
Ok, here is the log file
How much free space do you have on partition /dev/sdb2 before installation?

Antony
--
Police have found a cartoonist dead in his house. They say that details are
currently sketchy.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
Scoo Ter
2016-09-19 09:11:14 UTC
Post by Antony Stone
How much free space do you have on partition /dev/sdb2 before installation?
More than 22 GB
And as mentioned before, an installation of RC2 works flawlessly on the
same partition.
After the failed installation, there are just two sub-folders in
"android-6.0-r1"

Android and mnt

"Android" contains /system
"mnt" contains initrd.img, kernel and ramdisk.img

Strange.
Antony Stone
2016-09-19 09:17:14 UTC
Post by Scoo Ter
Post by Antony Stone
How much free space do you have on partition /dev/sdb2 before installation?
More than 22 GB
Hmm. The installer claims to want to write 1567687 kilobytes; ie: 1.5 Gbytes.
Post by Scoo Ter
And as mentioned before, an installation of RC2 works flawlessly on the
same partition.
After the failed installation, there are just two sub-folders in
"android-6.0-r1"
Android and mnt
"Android" contains /system
"mnt" contains initrd.img, kernel and ramdisk.img
Strange.
Agreed. Sorry I don't have another idea about this just now.

I hope someone else can spot something significant in the log file.

Antony.
--
This sentence contains exacly three erors.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
Scoo Ter
2016-09-19 09:45:32 UTC
Post by Antony Stone
Agreed. Sorry I don't have another idea about this just now.
I hope someone else can spot something significant in the log file.
Well, after moving /system and the kernel files from their subfolders to
"android-6.0-r1" and creating a "data" folder, it actually boots.. :-)
Scoo Ter
2016-09-19 10:40:06 UTC
Post by Scoo Ter
Is the installer somehow broken?
I've tried to install R1 on two different ext4 partitions
Problem solved.
The ISO was somehow corrupt (wrong checksum)
The newly dl. ISO installs without any issues.
Sorry for wasting your time...
Scoo Ter
2016-09-19 11:26:15 UTC
So far so good, but system_server is still on 25% CPU when idle, on my
Baytrail Quadcore, similar to RC2.
*This does not happen with CM13 from this forum*
Logcat is quiet, no noticable activity.
Media storage is disabled
So what's going on?
spamkamp93 via Android-x86
2016-09-19 11:09:00 UTC
Hi all,

thank you for your hard work.

I'm trying to boot the Image from my multiboot usb device. I'm using Grub with the following parameters:

title Android1
root (hd0,0)
kernel /images/android_60r1/kernel
initrd /images/android_60r1/initrd.img

but well... it's not booting. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Martin Claudio Cota
2016-09-22 15:12:59 UTC
Hi all,
thank you for your hard work.
title Android1
root (hd0,0)
kernel /images/android_60r1/kernel
initrd /images/android_60r1/initrd.img
but well... it's not booting. Can somebody point me in the right direction?
You didn't add any kernel cmdline.
At least androidboot.hardware is required.
androidboot.hardware=android_x86 (32-bit system)
or
androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 (64-bit system)
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

My only problem so far is that I cannot make it SAVE anything, every reboot I start from ZERO, like persistence mode is not working even if I have the data folder (and installation) on an EXT4 partition on my HDD.

Is it possible that we need to change something on GRUB to enable persistence mode ? Any ideas ?

Thanks, I really love this project and it's amazing how fast Marshmellow is on my brix so far.
Mr. Bizantium .
Martin Claudio Cota
2016-10-01 14:59:20 UTC
Seems this fixed my problem. Had to change my install to EXT4, create data
directory and point the grub to DATA=/android/data , now is storing my info
without issues.

Thanks to both for your help.

OLIM Ahmed
2016-10-05 16:55:45 UTC
Sound not working .so what is the problem