Cannot format micro SDcard after installed Android-x86_CM-14.1-r2 on it
Feisheng Gu
2018-10-04 04:46:52 UTC
Hello everyone
I got so trouble formatting my Sony 16G micro SDcard after I successful
install CM-14.1-r2 on it. How I might cause this situation, well after
install finished I got Wechat install on it to test the system's function,
it work perfectly exciting RIGHT? and then I reboot, BOOM all setting is
back to first time install. User's data didn't saved so I reinstall CM,
when there is asking to chose Read-Write file system, I might stupidly
selected NO, damnit. And here we are, I'd tried many things to get this
SDcard back to normal :

the SDcard is using GPT two partition (one is EFI partition fat32
formatted, the other is Linuxfile-system partition ext4 formatted)

1. regular Windows disk right-click formatting? NOOp ;
2.CMD Windows DiskPart formatting? NOPE

also tried rm -rf * after booted up CM-14.1-r2 no luck :(

Could somebody help me out with it? much appreciated*.*
Feisheng Gu
2018-10-04 05:01:51 UTC
Post by Feisheng Gu
Hello everyone
I got so trouble formatting my Sony 16G micro SDcard after I successful
install CM-14.1-r2 on it. How I might cause this situation, well after
install finished I got Wechat install on it to test the system's function,
it work perfectly exciting RIGHT? and then I reboot, BOOM all setting is
back to first time install. User's data didn't saved so I reinstall CM,
when there is asking to chose Read-Write file system, I might stupidly
selected NO, damnit. And here we are, I'd tried many things to get this
the SDcard is using GPT two partition (one is EFI partition fat32
formatted, the other is Linuxfile-system partition ext4 formatted)
1. regular Windows disk right-click formatting? NOOp ;
2.CMD Windows DiskPart formatting? NOPE
also tried rm -rf * after booted up CM-14.1-r2 no luck :(
tried format tool such as SDformatter/Diskgenius...still no
Kossuth
2018-10-04 05:22:50 UTC
Have you tried booting from some kind of Linux rescue image on a USB stick
and then running for example Gparted? I usually get everything done with
it. You can try the following image

http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/

You can make the bootable USB-disk for example with

https://www.linuxliveusb.com/
Feisheng Gu
2018-10-04 07:05:13 UTC
Thanks for answering. i did right after you reply, but i used Gparted you
posted link still not working. i'd tried Ubuntu Live ISO it has Gparted too
and a physical Ubuntu installed machine attempt to delete/format partition
no luck at all. i started to wonder if it had something to do the whole
file system are read-only at SDcard. Cause we dont have permission to
change it at all ? What can we do something to change those system files
Read-Writeable while we boot up CM-14.1-r2 ? THANKS
Kossuth
2018-10-04 08:45:27 UTC
I googled "read only sd card" and got a following link

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-my-micro-SD-card-that-became-a-read-only-memory-card

First is to check that does your card or card adapter have physical
readonly switch? If not, then there are some other stuff you can try form
the link.
Feisheng Gu
2018-10-04 10:19:19 UTC
sadly I try all of those method before I posted this :( . So I wonder what
I can actually do while I'm in CM system , maybe change system read-write
permission by using 'chmod' command ; or developer mode ? debug mode? to
erase all file/partitions? idk
Feisheng Gu
2018-10-31 12:10:55 UTC
thanks for replay. sadly i tried that many times :(.
Post by Feisheng Gu
sadly I try all of those method before I posted this :( . So I wonder
what I can actually do while I'm in CM system , maybe change system
read-write permission by using 'chmod' command ; or developer mode ? debug
mode? to erase all file/partitions? idk
Have you tried the auto-install function of the android-x86 installer?
Choose "Advanced options" -> "Auto Install to specified harddisk",
then choose the sdcard as the destination.
It should work if your sdcard is not physically damaged.