Porting CarbonRom to x86
György Pejović
2016-02-05 23:09:26 UTC
Hi everyone,

I've ported CarbonRom lp5.1.1 to x86

1. CarbonRom-x86_lp5.1.1_alpha_v1.3.iso
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69dnE1S1FlVGQ1ZVE>
Included

<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69dnE1S1FlVGQ1ZVE>- Kernel
4.0.3
- Open GApps

Not working

- WIFI
- Bluetooth

2. CarbonRom-x86_lp5.1.1_alpha_v2.0.iso
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69aUNNUDRtNlpsNkE>
Included

<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69dnE1S1FlVGQ1ZVE>- Kernel
4.0.9
- Open GApps
- Houdini

Not working

- WIFI
- Bluetooth

but I need help with fixing wifi and bluetooth issue!!!
Wifi is not turning on for me.. I used android-x86's wpa_supplicant_8

In my BoardConfig.mk

# Wifi
BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER ?= NL80211
BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB ?= private_lib_driver_cmd
WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION ?= VER_2_1_DEVEL
Jon West
2016-02-05 23:32:37 UTC
Good job on this. I couldn't get 1.3 to boot on my surface pro 3, looped
the bootanimation forever, so I'm going to try ver 2.0 in a bit.
Do you have any plans on building one with the 4.4 kernel updates? Those
include all the Surface patches ;)
György Pejović
2016-02-08 21:27:15 UTC
Post by Jon West
Good job on this. I couldn't get 1.3 to boot on my surface pro 3, looped
the bootanimation forever, so I'm going to try ver 2.0 in a bit. Do you
have any plans on building one with the 4.4 kernel updates? Those include
all the Surface patches ;)
if you have any form of bootloop issue then just type in "stop" and Enter
then "start" and Enter. With that the system should boot. You don't need to
use Alt+F1 to type in commands, just simply start typing!

I've tried to build with 4.4 kernel but it didn't work for me.
Post by Jon West
What libhardware_legacy are you using? I think this mod is AOSP based? So
you could use the Android-x86 one, for the config I think you are missing
some lines.
Also what are you using for Bluetooth? Bluez?
The CarbonRom is based on CM. I'm using the CM's libhardware_legacy,
bluetooth.

I've fixed the wifi and bluetooth issue. just letting everyone know.

CarbonRom-x86_lp5.1.1_beta_v1.0
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B73McXwkxx69cUFLeXFseDUtNWs/view?usp=sharing>
György Pejović
2016-02-08 21:48:06 UTC

Jon West
2016-02-08 23:34:43 UTC
So far, its working well on my SP3. Touch hasn't gone wonky yet, so that's
good. I noticed you have floating window enabled in it, but I can't seem to
find the settings for it. I might be missing something though.
2016. február 5., péntek 23:32:37 UTC időpontban Jon West a következőt
Post by Jon West
Good job on this. I couldn't get 1.3 to boot on my surface pro 3, looped
the bootanimation forever, so I'm going to try ver 2.0 in a bit. Do you
have any plans on building one with the 4.4 kernel updates? Those include
all the Surface patches ;)
if you have any form of bootloop issue then just type in "stop" and Enter
then "start" and Enter. With that the system should boot. You don't need to
use Alt+F1 to type in commands, just simply start typing!
I've tried to build with 4.4 kernel but it didn't work for me.
2016. február 8., hétfő 15:02:06 UTC időpontban JJ Meijer a következőt
XtraartX
2016-03-17 11:13:11 UTC
Nice rom, even xposed work in this rom, any update of this? Thank's
György Pejović
2016-03-18 01:28:35 UTC
No there isn't any, because I started a new project instead.

Try these if you want;

1. AICP-x86_lp5.1_beta_v1.4.7
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69RWJpMEZHSElrZHc>

2. AICP-x86_mm6.0.1_r1
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69Q2ZLOUFMV0xIcjQ>

2016. március 17., csÃŒtörtök 11:13:11 UTC időpontban XtraartX a következőt
JJ Meijer

György Pejović
2016-03-23 17:01:47 UTC
Hi everyone!

New AICP version.. full 64bit!

AICP-x86_64_mm6.0.1_64bit_test.iso
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B73McXwkxx69cnkyeTJvLVNSLTA/view?usp=sharing>

but this doesnt work for me, it does the same as Remix OS 64bit version
Jon West

György Pejović
2016-03-26 00:37:33 UTC
*Thanks for your feedback! *

I'm using mesa 11.1.2 and i have seen it on this
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/keGRRdNwg7w> forum
that other people have this problem aswell.

Could you make a logcat or dmesg? does AICP x86 build work on your SP3?

2016. március 25., péntek 12:40:45 UTC időpontban Jon West a következőt
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tKq8O54oCMI/VvUxlthqf7I/AAAAAAAAVzc/OB8wVOhRuBwFxf_C5kY_3-8C4z8iw4DAQ/s1600/Screenshot_20160325-083457.png>
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZE_xjo6DSd8/VvUxs0JK3jI/AAAAAAAAVzg/h6Rbnau1TlYRw-aM5R_g9jcCgFRc3RP7A/s1600/Screenshot_20160325-083504.png>
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dLz_1zZEsQ4/VvUxx07Cf7I/AAAAAAAAVzk/4UEgfvvL6RkoLKWqFPRvRhW-0w3FxIqWA/s1600/Screenshot_20160325-083526.png>
Jon West
Jyer
2016-03-31 07:09:21 UTC
stavros daliakopoulos
2016-03-23 21:48:29 UTC
Has anyone tried any of theses? Are these as good as anrdoid x86 5.1.1 ?

΀η Σάββατο, 6 Ίεβρουαρίου 2016 - 1:09:26 π.ÎŒ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης György
youling 257
2016-03-26 04:15:10 UTC
can you use /system/lib/egl/libGLES_intel7.so
or /system/lib/egl/libGLES_intel8.so instead of mesa ?

圚 2016幎2月6日星期六 UTC+8䞊午7:09:26György Pejović写道
György Pejović
2016-03-28 14:00:57 UTC
Post by youling 257
can you use /system/lib/egl/libGLES_intel7.so
or /system/lib/egl/libGLES_intel8.so instead of mesa ?
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69dnE1S1FlVGQ1ZVE>
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69aUNNUDRtNlpsNkE>
no you can't yet because i haven't built it in there, but I will try to.
also, do you have any plans on making your manifest available on github?
yes, i have plans but i havent started anything yet

two new builds are available

AICP-x86_mm6.0.1_krnl-3.18
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69dnpVVGpEdXZ1QjA>

AICP-x86_mm6.0.1_krnl-4.4
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73McXwkxx69bldIWHNxSXFISUk>

the kernel 4.4 version only works for me if i add nomodeset option to boot
parameter
György Pejović
2016-03-30 20:05:34 UTC
AICP-x86_mm6.0.1_krnl-3.18
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B73McXwkxx69ckFLbW1WbzVpS3M/view> is
updated.

Included houdini

*F11* - volume down, *F12* - volume up

2016. március 28., hétfő 15:00:58 UTC+1 időpontban György Pejović a
György Pejović

Jon West