WiFi NANO USB - wifi support all devices
Teo
2014-09-23 09:32:55 UTC
Almost all of the USB nano WIFI dongles(150mbps 802.11N) use the RTL8188CUS
driver including the cheap ones from ebay like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pcs-100M-USB2-0-1-1-WiFi-Wireless-LAN-802-11-n-g-b-Adapter-Nano-Network-N-Fast-/281416396211?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4185b96db3

for 3$ and all other nano dongles including the ones from D-Link, TP-Link,
ASUS, .... they have the same chipset.

This dongle would be great for devices(it's cheap and very very small) with
unsupported WIFI cards (like my lenovo yoga 13 with 8723au that doesn't
have a working android driver yet).

THE BEST THING! : There is an official ANDROID from realtek that can be
added to Android-X86:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=21&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true
Teo
2014-09-23 12:35:19 UTC
ps. 8192cu.ko is compatible with 8188CUS. Android X86 has the 8187 driver
but it's not compatible with 8188 and 8192
Bernard
2015-01-21 03:00:10 UTC
How do I install the driver for the 8188CUS?
JaWa
2015-01-21 11:07:01 UTC
Exactly mate!!!
Even i have a nano USB wifi which is incompatible on android x86.
I even had posted a thread here on android x86 as :
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/azNhY8LR8EU/OQ3L4sTYA1AJ
But got no replies.

My TP-Link USB Nano WIFI Adapter(TL-WN725N Ver 2.1) has the Realtek chip
RTL8188EUS.
The Chip posted by you is CUS and not EUS. I guess both are same.( Correct
me if i am wrong)

To summarize,
I +1 to add support for this chip.
André Vitor
2015-01-21 12:06:14 UTC
8723au is fully functional to android-x86, even its Bluetooth is
working. Do repo sync and build a new iso, or download 4.4-r2 iso.

Anyway I will look into this 8188CUS driver.
Bernard
2015-01-21 20:47:36 UTC
To clarify, I have the Edimax EW-7811un running on my Surface Pro 2 with 4.4-r2.

The dongle is recognized and does connect, but the connection constantly drops out and the speed is 0.25Mbps tops, which is unusable.

Since it's recognized, does that mean the driver is present? If it is, why such slow speeds?

I also tried a TP-LINK TL-WN725N (RTL8188EUS) and an Edimax EW-7711MAC (unsure of chipset). Both of those weren't recognized at all within android.