Native Bridge in Oreo
Tomasz Witke
2017-11-30 13:03:26 UTC
It's me again.

Is houdini images for Oreo does not exist yet, or it's just a problem with
downloading them? Going to http://dl.android-x86.org/houdini.php?v=8_y
shows error "Error: File 8_y not found.".

You probably know that, but just in case - houdini binaries for oreo can be
downloaded straight form
google: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/intel-fugu-opr2.170623.027-82108990.tgz
(from fugu)

Thanks.
fguy
2017-11-30 13:46:58 UTC
четверг, 30 МПября 2017 г., 16:03:26 UTC+3 пПльзПватель Tomasz Witke
Post by Tomasz Witke
Is houdini images for Oreo does not exist yet, or it's just a problem with
downloading them? Going to http://dl.android-x86.org/houdini.php?v=8_y
shows error "Error: File 8_y not found.".
You probably know that, but just in case - houdini binaries for oreo can
https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/intel-fugu-opr2.170623.027-82108990.tgz
(from fugu)
Files from the Nexus-Binari archive are not enough for the Houdini to work
on android 8.0. I took the files from the full firmware for fugu, but there
is only for arm32. I managed to launch on the oreo several games containing
native libraries only for arm.
Povilas Staniulis
2017-11-30 15:17:12 UTC
Would be nice if you uploaded those Houdini files somewhere.
One of the my main reasons for not making Oreo builds is the lack of
Houdini support. Too many popular Android apps include only ARM natives
(Candy Crush Saga is a good example).

BTW if you need to check what kind of binaries Android app has, open the
APK file with some ZIP program (e.g. Root Explorer)  and check the "lib"
directory.
четверг, 30 ноября 2017 г., 16:03:26 UTC+3 пользователь Tomasz Witke
fguy
2017-11-30 15:28:22 UTC
четверг, 30 МПября 2017 г., 18:17:25 UTC+3 пПльзПватель Povilas Staniulis
Post by Povilas Staniulis
Would be nice if you uploaded those Houdini files somewhere.
One of the my main reasons for not making Oreo builds is the lack of
Houdini support. Too many popular Android apps include only ARM natives
(Candy Crush Saga is a good example).
There is another big problem in android 8.0 - this is not the
compatibility of many older programs with the new version of the android.
You can get these files from their nexus player firmware yourself. You will
need the following files:
system\bin\houdini
system\lib\arm\*.*
system\lib\libhoudini.so
and change option in
file https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/scm/git/device-generic-common/blobs/oreo-x86/nativebridge/nativebridge.mk
PRODUCT_DEFAULT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES :=
ro.dalvik.vm.native.bridge=libhoudini.so
Tomasz Witke
2017-11-30 18:31:46 UTC
I did it dirty way, as fguy described. It works. Mr. Chih-Wei Huang, maybe
You could make and upload NB image for x86, while we will try to obtain
binaries for x86_64 platform to implement in future? My project only work
with x86 userspace (with x86_64 kernel), and I'm willing to publish it soon
with at least as possible hack-way implementations.

Pozdrawiam
Tomasz Witke
Tomasz Witke
2017-11-30 18:49:33 UTC
Post by Povilas Staniulis
There is another big problem in android 8.0 - this is not the
compatibility of many older programs with the new version of the android.
This is probably not our concern. As I understand this is by design (=blame
Google).
youling 257

Tomasz Witke