HELP!! Android-x86 4.2 can't boot into gui,just command line
Teten Kurniawan
2013-01-08 06:04:05 UTC
i just install Android-x86 4.2 successfull but when its boot,just go into
Akram Berkawy
2013-01-08 10:26:00 UTC
same issue here on vmware
Post by Teten Kurniawan
i just install Android-x86 4.2 successfull but when its boot,just go into
command line..what can i do to get into gui interface?
Maksim Lin
2013-01-14 03:35:33 UTC
Hi, I'm also seeing this with qemu-kvm.

I've attached a screenshot with the error messages.
Surfaceflinger is segfaulting - perhaps due to the error about missing .rc
file that happens just before that?
Post by Akram Berkawy
same issue here on vmware
Lowell Kim
2013-01-15 17:34:56 UTC
Are you booting from kvm command line? Try adding "-vga std" to it.
Post by Maksim Lin
Hi, I'm also seeing this with qemu-kvm.
I've attached a screenshot with the error messages.
Surfaceflinger is segfaulting - perhaps due to the error about missing .rc
file that happens just before that?
Post by Akram Berkawy
same issue here on vmware
Post by Teten Kurniawan
i just install Android-x86 4.2 successfull but when its boot,just go
into command line..what can i do to get into gui interface?
Maksim Lin
2013-01-16 01:41:54 UTC
yes, i'm running kvm with a cmdlien like this:

kvm -soundhw es1370 -net nic -net user -cdrom
~/Downloads/android-x86-4.2-20121225.iso

but I'm afraid adding -vga std did not help.
Are you able to boot that 4.2 ISO all the way into the full andoird GUI
using kvm?

As I said in my previous email, the problem is that surfaceflinger is
segfaulting, but this is after the FB driver switches the display to a
higher res, so I'm not sure its to do with the gfx driver itself.

Maks.
Lowell Kim
2013-01-16 07:17:42 UTC
Hi Maks,

I just tried that ISO, and I get the same error. I AM able to boot other
ISOs though. I'm currently using a 4.0.4rc2 I built myself.

Lowell
Hi,
Shuai Lin
2013-01-14 07:57:33 UTC
I also have the same problem.

Details:

HOST: Ubuntu Linux 12.04 64-bit
Virtual Box 4.2
Vmware Workstation 8.2

圚 2013幎1月8日星期二UTC+8䞋午2时04分05秒Teten Kurniawan写道
Yahya Makhrsh
2013-01-16 11:33:44 UTC
me to i cannot running it
Dimitrios Misdanitis
2013-01-16 22:28:51 UTC
Confirmed on Sony Vaio E Series netbook with AMD E2-1800 APU and AMD Radeon
HD 7340. Boots up very fast, but drops me into root shell. If I use the
kernel boot option "xforcevesa" gui is displayed for a split second and
then i'm dropped back to the shell. Is there a command to manually start
the X server, like "startx" is on linux.
Post by Yahya Makhrsh
<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9GWpBX7Hhog/UPaQCoDMakI/AAAAAAAAAaw/TBlYDTlxic8/s1600/saUH.jpg>
me to i cannot running it
王波涛
2013-01-17 01:38:38 UTC
N.H.G
2013-01-20 06:03:00 UTC
same issue on my device.
Uoc Nguyen
2013-01-22 08:12:53 UTC
Same here with Virtual box, I ran into debug mode and see some error
related to tty, look like init process can not create tty device.
Uoc Nguyen
2013-01-22 09:22:59 UTC
Forgot to tell you that console show some error about some system process
got segfault and died already, the message re-appear each 10 seconds. IMO,
it is caused by some process cannot start and boot process gets looped
infinitively.
Pablo Beltran Alvarez Sierra
2013-01-22 22:56:46 UTC
init: could not import file '/init.android_x86.rc' from '/init.rc'
In fact that file doesn't exist, instead there is an 'init.x86.rc' one.
Could this be the cause of the problems?
eugene pofig
2013-01-23 09:50:33 UTC
I had something like that. I didn't install android to my HDD. I've been
trying to run it in Live mode and couldn't get GUI work. Finally I've
changed GRUB boot parameters like this:

........... initrd=/initrd.img root=/dev/ram0
androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=-16* nomodeset vga=(any unreal mode
such as 987877 or 5785 etc)* ..........

GRUB offered me to change the vga mode - to choose one from table. I've
selected 1024x768 16bit mode (32 bit gave me something unusable). It works
for me. My GUI started. But where is Google Play & how to manage my Google
accounts ?? Without these features android is useless....(sorry for my
english)
eugene pofig
2013-01-25 09:57:21 UTC
Post by eugene pofig
I had something like that. I didn't install android to my HDD. I've been
trying to run it in Live mode and couldn't get GUI work. Finally I've
........... initrd=/initrd.img root=/dev/ram0
androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=-16* nomodeset vga=(any unreal
mode such as 987877 or 5785 etc)* ..........
GRUB offered me to change the vga mode - to choose one from table. I've
selected 1024x768 16bit mode (32 bit gave me something unusable). It works
for me. My GUI started. But where is Google Play & how to manage my Google
accounts ?? Without these features android is useless....(sorry for my
english)
Sorry, I forgot to note - I'm using build from tabletsx86.org . My
hardware config: core i5 750, 4Gb RAM, Radeon HD 7870....It's seems to me
that Android lack to recognize my PATA DVD-Rom connected to JMicron
controller...
2013-01-26 00:30:58 UTC
Got it working in VirtualBox after selecting the VESA mode from the menu,
then change the parameter "androidboot.hardware=x86".
Fei Sun
ix
2013-03-15 19:52:25 UTC
J da Costa
2013-03-18 02:02:02 UTC
Hi guys,

Tried every tip in here none worked :( ... any ideas? Running on VMware
Workstation 9.0.2 64 bit.

thks
Baloo Bear
2013-03-21 09:36:03 UTC
I've installed android-x86-4.2-20121225.iso on Virtual Box
(VirtualBox-4.2.10-84105-Win) and failed to run ((
Attempting to run it I have (attached png-file)
((
Blake W. Ford
2013-03-23 01:58:57 UTC
Is there a solution to this problem for the eeepc 701?