Installation question on AMD display driver
bin yang
2018-10-09 02:30:59 UTC
I tried to install android x86 android-x86_64-7.1-r2 on a desktop but the
screen is messed up. The hardware is AMD a10-8770E, gigabyte a320m-s2h,
with 8gb RAM.
The image attached shows the display issue. Is there a way I can load a
driver?

thanks
Mauro Rossi
2018-10-09 07:37:04 UTC
Post by bin yang
Hi,
I tried to install android x86 android-x86_64-7.1-r2 on a desktop but the
screen is messed up. The hardware is AMD a10-8770E, gigabyte a320m-s2h,
with 8gb RAM.
The image attached shows the display issue. Is there a way I can load a
driver?
thanks
R7 APU may require amdgpudrmfb, it's strange that radeonsi does not work,
maybe it's a bug

It's tricky to upload new drivers (libdrm, drm_gralloc, mesa libs) with
adb push,
even without having to upload new libLLVM70.so which may be the case

Maybe that operation could be done booting with nomodeset (sw
rasterization), but it often fails with system unusable

If you can switch to console [ALT]+[F1] with LiveCD boot could please
collect logs?
If you have ethernet connection it's easier you could also perform

adb connect [IP address]
adb pull /data/log.txt logcat_R7_APU.txt
adb shell dmesg > dmesg_R7_APU.txt
adb shell dumpsys SurfaceFlinger > dumpsys_R7_APU.txt

Next thing to try is one of oreo-x86 with updated drivers (drm_gralloc or
hwc1 or hwc2 they should all boot):

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1nCAg47BNfmS7_5ALZZuW5Fbq99cJ2ZqR

Mauro
Mitchel Stewart
Bin Yang
Bin Yang
2018-10-10 02:29:44 UTC
Thanks, I tried to install 8.1-rc1 but the live CD would not boot. It stuck
on the android# prompt. After the prompt disappeared, the cursor on left up
corner stay forever.
Post by Mauro Rossi
Hi,
Hi,